MDR lunch on Embarkation dress code?

dsu54

Sailing on Star at end of March. What is the dress code for the MDR on embarkation day?

The only dress codes I've seen for MDR include no swimwear (a shirt and shorts over a swimsuit is fine...but it's tacky to walk in with a towel, unlike the poolside venues and buffet), no hats/ball caps at the table (good form to remove thoss anyway) unless it's a ladies' dress hat meant to be worn in social occasions... Just your basic common sense for going to a sit-down restaurant. No shoes, no shirt, no service.

Part of freestyle dining is lack of formal dress codes. Neat, casual dress is allowed for meals.

DML

For the more formal of the 2 main dining rooms and Le Bistro, it is no shorts, sandals for the remainder of the week, but on embarkation day even for dinner, you can wear what you boarded with if you like.

Probably to accommodate those whose luggage is late arriving to room or those who want to go straight from the sail away party to the dining room.

For the more formal of the 2 main dining rooms and Le Bistro, it is no shorts, sandals for the remainder of the week, but on embarkation day even for dinner, you can wear what you boarded with if you like.

Thank you for adding this! I hadn't found that information anywhere yet. I would have worn a dress or pants to either of those anyway, but it's good to know the rules for sure. This is why I love CC.

DML

They are flexible on that first day. I remember even a few times at dinner hearing people say that they hadn't unpacked their long pants yet and they were let in no problem.

Fore warning though......As soon as you step foot on the ship you will be herded like cattle up to the upper decks for lunch at the buffet. For some reason they want to discourage people from lunch in the main dining room I think. Perhaps at the home port they let more crew members have the day off and so the dining room for lunch that day is short staffed. I don't know but you will have to work a bit to get to the main dining room. Every crew member you pass will try to direct you up to the buffet.

Fore warning though......As soon as you step foot on the ship you will be herded like cattle up to the upper decks for lunch at the buffet. For some reason they want to discourage people from lunch in the main dining room I think. Perhaps at the home port they let more crew members have the day off and so the dining room for lunch that day is short staffed. I don't know but you will have to work a bit to get to the main dining room. Every crew member you pass will try to direct you up to the buffet.

More likely it's due to the onload/offload going on. All that food has to be sorted and stocked, and trust me, every able-bodied person not busy elsewhere is working on it. It's not just the guys running the forklifts down I95. That would leave them with a skeleton staff on hand to work the floor in the MDR.

DML

Archived