Tenerife - Steps or bridge?

Mark_T

It has been a very long time since we last flew into Tenerife, but we will be returning there in March along with my Father-in-law.

He will be perfectly able to cope with leaving the aircraft via a jet bridge, but would struggle with having to use the aircraft steps.

Can anyone who has flow there recently (Jet2?) confirm how you left the plane?

He has already registered a request for mobility assistance with Fred, but I'm just trying to plan ahead so we know what to expect.

It has been a very long time since we last flew into Tenerife, but we will be returning there in March along with my Father-in-law.

He will be perfectly able to cope with leaving the aircraft via a jet bridge, but would struggle with having to use the aircraft steps.

Can anyone who has flow there recently (Jet2?) confirm how you left the plane?

He has already registered a request for mobility assistance with Fred, but I'm just trying to plan ahead so we know what to expect.

Don't remember about Tenerife. Yet it's only 2 - 3 years ago we were there but....we had a friend who couldn't use the stairs in one country so they used the platform lift for him. (I still have the pictures.)

Hope this helps...

Lynne

I have some mobility issues these days and have learned to let the airline know either before we leave home or as we check in at the airport. I have always received excellent service, being helped through immigration and customs as well as being taken to the boarding gate and being taken off the aircraft by platform lift if it is a steps disembarkation. I have had to learn to swallow my pride and accept all the help that is offered but it makes such a difference to my airport experience. I hope it goes well for you.

I hope it goes well for you.

Thanks, I'm sure it will all be OK on the day, sometimes I like to 'over prepare' a little just in case :)

We have notified Fred and will reconfirm at Gatwick when we check-in so all should be covered.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the comment.

Everything is confirmed with Fred and we'll reconfirm on check-in with Jet2.

Gatwick Airport were helpful with instructions on where to drop off at the South terminal so we have everything covered.

I'll update this thread again after we get back for the benefit of others in future.

• 1 month later...

Just got back today and I'm happy to report that all went smoothly.

At Gatwick, they provided a pager so we were able to go get something to eat and then they paged us to return to the assistance area once they were ready.

The buggy ride for my Father-in-law to the departure gate was handled perfectly and was essential as the gate was a considerable distance from the main terminal as is often the case at Gatwick.

No problems in Tenerife, jet-bridge was used and only a short walk from the terminal to the waiting coach.

Archived