Fish fry questions

tm3750

I have been reading a lot about the Fish Fry in Nassau and want to check it out. I do have a few questions if anybody could help me.

1. Can you walk there from the cruise ships?

2. Is it opened for lunch?

3. What are the best restaurants there?

Any help would be appreciated

1. Yes, you can. It's about a mile and a half from the port. We've taken the bus there and walked back. It's a nice walk in the fall/winter - probably not so much in July. :)

2. Yes, it is.

3. We've gone to Goldies for lunch and Oh Andros for drinks and conch fritters. We preferred Goldies. Oh Andros is very tiny and when we were there, we waited a long, long (long, long, long) time. Maybe we just hit it at a bad time. But food was great at both.

We were just there, we thought it was safe during the day. A beautiful walk along the beach area (Junkanoo Beach). There are a ton of different little places along the way. We ate at Anchorage Market & Restaurant. It was all the way at the end. They had their own bathrooms (most don't and you have to use the public restrooms, for us that was a huge plus). The food & service was very good.

We ate at Anchorage Market & Restaurant. It was all the way at the end. They had their own bathrooms (most don't and you have to use the public restrooms, for us that was a huge plus). The food & service was very good.

Yes, Anchorage was the name of the place we ate. Delicious food. Look behind the restaurant, and see the hugh piles of conch shells.

We walked to the Fish Fry district this past March. It's a longish walk (over a mile) but there are sidewalks and the beach is a nice view as you walk. It is hot, though! We arrived around 11:30, and places were opening for lunch. The restaurants we passed all had signs out front, so you could see the menu options, prices, etc. We walked all the way to where the road dead-ended and made a "T", and public restrooms were on the left-hand corner. Right at the junction of that "T" (across the road from the restrooms)was a restaurant that several locals were eating at, so we went in and gave it a try. For the life of me, I can't remember the name, but it was very good!

We went there in November. We took a Segway tour before hand and they dropped us off where ever we wanted to go. On the tour they introduced us to the Fish Fry. Great place to learn how they extract the conch. We went to Goldies, Pretty good food. It took us 15 minutes to walk from the fish fry to Junkano Beach. Easy walk. Took about 20 minutes from Junkano beach to the port but W were walking at the pace of a 70 year old as it was congested. Over all, an easy walk.

Archived