Breakaway S7

SissasMomE

Too late, I just looked:).

I booked an S7, 12706 after looking an the deck plans on NCL and elsewhere and reading the description re the "large forward facing balcony". Shame on me, I should have done more homework. Did not read the Everything Breakaway thread first. If you look at the photos there, it seems obvious that these are side balconies and the only thing forward facing is a porthole type window in the bath or bedroom.

I wish they would get the floor plans out. And they surely know where the balconies are now! Why not change this misleading description of the balconies?

I guess that is the chance you take when booking a ship under construction, but I thought I could rely on NCL's description.

Too late, I just looked:).

I booked an S7, 12706 after looking an the deck plans on NCL and elsewhere and reading the description re the "large forward facing balcony". Shame on me, I should have done more homework. Did not read the Everything Breakaway thread first. If you look at the photos there, it seems obvious that these are side balconies and the only thing forward facing is a porthole type window in the bath or bedroom.

I wish they would get the floor plans out. And they surely know where the balconies are now! Why not change this misleading description of the balconies?

I guess that is the chance you take when booking a ship under construction, but I thought I could rely on NCL's description.

I just called NCL, and we all know this means nothing, but they are stating that the balconies face forward and not sideways. I just don't see how that's possible.

• 1 month later...
I just called NCL, and we all know this means nothing, but they are stating that the balconies face forward and not sideways. I just don't see how that's possible.

It is not possible. The photos of the actual finished ship show that there are no forward facing balconies below deck 16. They are going to get into bother over this because even on their interactive deck plans it still claims 'Take in breathtaking views from the forward-facing private balcony'

http://www.breakaway.ncl.com/ship/deck-plans/#deck13

So unless they are going to quickly weld some balconies on to the front of the Breakaway, sideways (and to be honest small looking) balcony it is.

There will be not so much 'breathtaking' as sharp intake of breath before marching down to the concierge for a hefty on board credit or refund. The as advertised promise of forward views whilst sailing into Manhatten of a December morning are a facet of my cruise that I'd place a high value on when it turns out to missing.

It is not possible. The photos of the actual finished ship show that there are no forward facing balconies below deck 16. They are going to get into bother over this because even on their interactive deck plans it still claims 'Take in breathtaking views from the forward-facing private balcony'

http://www.breakaway.ncl.com/ship/deck-plans/#deck13

So unless they are going to quickly weld some balconies on to the front of the Breakaway, sideways (and to be honest small looking) balcony it is.

There will be not so much 'breathtaking' as sharp intake of breath before marching down to the concierge for a hefty on board credit or refund. The as advertised promise of forward views whilst sailing into Manhatten of a December morning are a facet of my cruise that I'd place a high value on when it turns out to missing.

I wont be booking one - so not worth it, IMO ... and very very misleading!

Actually, I'm not sure I was supposed to post that link. Sorry.

Unless you got a nastygram from Travelocity I see no problems with the link. It would be nice to know where they got their information - I suspect that some TAs have been given advance information so they could set up their websites.

I noticed that they do not have room layouts for those suites and from what they have published in the deck plans it looks like every deck will have a different configutation of this suite :eek:.

I'm thinking of still booking it tonight before they change the description. Then I can see if I can negotiate a discount once the awful truth is out. 1st Dec 2013 sailing qualifies for $300 on board credit if I book today 270 days (9 months) in advance. A dilemma indeed.

I have 13706 on the June 30th sailing and I'm praying I don't wind up with a "HULL" balcony. I've been assured by my PCC that it is not but the pics are deceiving. If I do, I definately plan on negotiating some onboard credits or discount due to the misleading information I've been given and for the price we're paying. I can't rebook to a different date as I'm traveling with lots of family and we're all near each other at this point. I don't even think they have anything comparable for me to switch to at this point. Hoping for the best and looking forward to the reviews of others once the ship sets sail.

I have 13706 on the June 30th sailing and I'm praying I don't wind up with a "HULL" balcony. I've been assured by my PCC that it is not but the pics are deceiving. If I do, I definately plan on negotiating some onboard credits or discount due to the misleading information I've been given and for the price we're paying. I can't rebook to a different date as I'm traveling with lots of family and we're all near each other at this point. I don't even think they have anything comparable for me to switch to at this point. Hoping for the best and looking forward to the reviews of others once the ship sets sail.

Well I've booked 12106 for December so we're both in the same boat (pun intended.) I have printouts of all the pages saying the balcony is forward facing as evidence.

I did avoid deck 13 as it appears that the little bit of balcony is right under the overhanging end of the bridge which may cast a shadow over the balcony there. Here is quite a good big picture.

http://www.cruisepassenger.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/nclAerialBreakaway01wSlide.jpg

Well I've booked 12106 for December so we're both in the same boat (pun intended.) I have printouts of all the pages saying the balcony is forward facing as evidence.

I did avoid deck 13 as it appears that the little bit of balcony is right under the overhanging end of the bridge which may cast a shadow over the balcony there. Here is quite a good big picture.

http://www.cruisepassenger.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/nclAerialBreakaway01wSlide.jpg

I just love photoshop and other artist rendered "photos":D

Here is a link to the real video of the float out

Watch it in full screen and freeze when there are close ups of the front end. BTW there are 8 portholes on each deck and 8 staterooms behind them - the only place for balconies are on the sides.

Not sure how this is a surprise though. All outside photos of the ship (both artist renditions and actual photos) show there are no frontal balconies except deck 16 (owners suites). The artist renditions of interior photos do show balconies and they claim to be frontal.

There are going to be many more of these "discoveries." Remember on Epic, they listed penthouses as having a separate tub and shower. Well that was not true. So we will have to wait to see what comes next.

I just love photoshop and other artist rendered "photos":D

Here is a link to the real video of the float out

Watch it in full screen and freeze when there are close ups of the front end. BTW there are 8 portholes on each deck and 8 staterooms behind them - the only place for balconies are on the sides.

And yet the inside photos for S7s show a porthole in the bedroom and a smaller one in the bathroom in the same image - time will tell.

Edited by timmo44

I think some of the Andreas Depping photos are the clearest/best to date. I think the sitting room of the S7 is just aft of the bathroom, and that therefore the balcony is off to the side. There is no way there is a forward balcony, despite what parts of the NCL website continues to say. Nor do I see in any of the photos any sign of the small forward facing porthole featured in the NCL graphics of the bathroom. I think the large forward facing porthole/round window is in the bedroom. And on deck 13, it surely looks like a hull balcony, unless the balcony stretches back to cover another window.

I think we'll know more if the S7s have large or fairly standard balconies, and if the deck 13 balconies are hull balconies once the dividers are in and we get photos.

The deck 13 S7 appears to have a completely enclosed hull balcony - unless that area is a maintenance nook, or brig that they slide people into from the hole in the bridge ; ) :

DSC04707

And no front small bathroom porthole here:

DSC04718 But, on the upside, maybe that railing is the forward facing balcony!

Yeah deck 9 also looks like it is down at or below the bow level and I have to agree that deck 13 is streching the defination of balcony. I also like the idea of it being a brig :D.

I don't think that an S7 is going to be in my future anytime soon anyway.

I will be interested in seeing some real pics of the ship and the rooms.

The deck 13 S7 appears to have a completely enclosed hull balcony - unless that area is a maintenance nook, or brig that they slide people into from the hole in the bridge ; ) :

DSC04707

That's what I'm hoping for that on Deck 13. Only time will tell. The anticipation is killing me. But not much I can do now but hope for the best. Hoping I'll be pleasantly surprised. When I first booked the room the ship wasn't near completion and the "window" or "Hull balcony" wasn't even there in the ship photos.

Not sure how this is a surprise though. All outside photos of the ship (both artist renditions and actual photos) show there are no frontal balconies except deck 16 (owners suites). The artist renditions of interior photos do show balconies and they claim to be frontal.

There are going to be many more of these "discoveries." Remember on Epic, they listed penthouses as having a separate tub and shower. Well that was not true. So we will have to wait to see what comes next.

I remember that!!! And the jetted/spa tub in the owners suite that isnt... Etc Etc...

We are booked in an S7, deck 10 next January. The description online still says "wraparound balcony", but I don't see how that is possible looking at the photos.

Tracy

I have a theory...

I wonder whether those round portholes at the front of the ship on decks 9-13 actually have the balcony area behind them... And aren't actually portholes at all but large round openings you can look out through. So you walk out of the glass doors to side and then round the corner to the front.

NCL have answered my question on Ask and Answer saying "Yes, The forward facing suites does face forward."

http://www.ncl.com/cruise-ship/breakaway/questions

We should all have a whip round to send someone on the one night launch voyage to find out for once and for all!