Breakaway S7

SissasMomE

We are in 14808 on the Breakawy on the 6/9 sailing. On the deck plan there is a slanted line (/) from the next door suite balcony which juts out farther to our balcony. What does the slanted line mean? I'm afraid our balcony will be a tiny triangle. I'd appreciate it if an experienced cruiser would take a look at this and tell me if it is time to a) freak out, b) try to change e room, or c) celebrate!

Thanks.

We are in 14808 on the Breakawy on the 6/9 sailing. On the deck plan there is a slanted line (/) from the next door suite balcony which juts out farther to our balcony. What does the slanted line mean? I'm afraid our balcony will be a tiny triangle. I'd appreciate it if an experienced cruiser would take a look at this and tell me if it is time to a) freak out, b) try to change e room, or c) celebrate!

Thanks.

we booked a BC cabin with that same triangle shaped balcony...yours slants aft so if you lean on the railing you will be looking at an angle aft....the balcony is the same width as the regular balcony on one corner and it widens out to meet the wider part of the ship....not that much bigger but a tad bigger and unique...we picked one with the angle twoards the bow and our bed close to the sliding door....I honestly don't think you'll be disapointed....:D

Edited by paradise sailor

Thanks.

celebrate i think. It mean your cabins balcony is a little bigger

Now I'm concerned -- we booked 9106 and 9108 for an upcoming cruise for 2 adults and 2 children. We can't switch suites because the only one available is an S5 (in the Haven, but only holds 3 guests). Final payment is almost here so I have to make a decision quickly!

I'm gathering that the NCL description is wrong i.e. we will not have a forward facing balcony. However when I look at the photos of the ship, I'm concerned about the side balcony. Is the front of the ship a bit wider just under/beside our balcony? Any thoughts on what this will mean for our "view"? I think it would be quite a letdown to expect (and pay for) a forward facing balcony and end up with a small side facing balcony from which we can mostly just see the ship!

Lastly, has anyone heard any info about the possibility of connecting balconies when docked? If our S7 turns out to have a less than great balcony,comnecting to our adjoining balcony cabin might be a good solution.

Thanks so much to all for any thoughts, photos, and advice:).

I got the same letter. I called and at first they offered to move us to a Owner's Suite for an additional $4,000. As you can understand, that was out of the question so after being put on hold for another 5 or 10 minutes, I'm happy to say they were able to move us to Category S5, Haven Courtyard Penthouse Suite that accomodates 3 on Deck 16. Didn't have to pay any extra money at all. I actually liked the room layout better of my S7 (13706), but disliked the "Privasea" balcony more. I'm thrilled to be on Deck 16, Courtyard level (my brother also has a room on 16). Only thing is my new room is a handicapped room. They said if someone needed the room once we board, we would just have to switch within the same category. That's fine by me. I think I have a happy ending to my dilemma. I'm very pleased with the NCL Concierge customer service I received.

I don't understand!!! I was told no compensation would be given for this reason "at this time". We want to upgrade from s7 to s6 and that would be $700 more for us. Going from s7 to s5 (for a group of 3) is a difference of $800, at least on my sailing date.

I think I have a happy ending to my dilemma. I'm very pleased with the NCL Concierge customer service I received.

Happy for you. I guess they're making it harder for me since our sail date isn't until 10/05/14. I'm currently on hold with the executive office. (Made 2 calls to the 800 number in the letter and they gave me this number during the 2nd call) 20 minutes and counting. Hope my persistence pays off!!!

I don't understand!!! I was told no compensation would be given for this reason "at this time". We want to upgrade from s7 to s6 and that would be $700 more for us. Going from s7 to s5 (for a group of 3) is a difference of $800, at least on my sailing date.

I think it depends on the sailing. I was searching different dates and in some cases I've seen the S7 priced higher than the S5, or about the same. I think that was the case on my sailing. Besides that, I'm in a handicapped room (don't think I'll have a bathtub) and could possibly get moved at last minute if someone needs the room. Ofcourse, I'm hoping that doesn't happen. I was told I'd stay in the same category.

Happy for you. I guess they're making it harder for me since our sail date isn't until 10/05/14. I'm currently on hold with the executive office. (Made 2 calls to the 800 number in the letter and they gave me this number during the 2nd call) 20 minutes and counting. Hope my persistence pays off!!!

Best of luck to you on your sailing! Keep us posted on what happens. :)

Best of luck to you on your sailing! Keep us posted on what happens. :)

My husband says "I want out of that room!" So we are going to upgrade to S6. He wants to do it ASAP so we get the room we want before someone else snatches it up! Lol but I'm wondering about room and balcony size!! Looks different on each deck! We always thought highest level is best but we don't like how 15 hangs over deck 14. So we're thinking about 13 BUT, I also remember reading that deck 12 has a support pole that makes it a larger room. BUT I wonder where that support pole is located in the room.

My husband says "I want out of that room!" So we are going to upgrade to S6. He wants to do it ASAP so we get the room we want before someone else snatches it up! Lol but I'm wondering about room and balcony size!! Looks different on each deck! We always thought highest level is best but we don't like how 15 hangs over deck 14. So we're thinking about 13 BUT, I also remember reading that deck 12 has a support pole that makes it a larger room. BUT I wonder where that support pole is located in the room.

The support pole is on the balcony. No one knows which cabin is larger or if any are but the balcony on 12 looks larger

Just talked to my PCC as well, he sent me a pic of the floorplan that they just got in recently. Unfortunately, looks like the "hull" balcony. He's going to see if he can do something for me since moving is not a possibility. I've never attached a pic before so here goes....

Do you know where your PCC got the floorplan? I'm looking for S7 floorplans located on decks other than 13 but have been unsuccessful. The deck plans make the S7s look different depending upon the deck.

Thanks.

Do you know where your PCC got the floorplan? I'm looking for S7 floorplans located on decks other than 13 but have been unsuccessful. The deck plans make the S7s look different depending upon the deck.

Thanks.

He said they had it posted on the wall and he took a picture with his phone of my specific room. Maybe your PCC can help get you one.

We were booked in 13706 for the transatlantic. Today we changed to a 2 bedroom Villa. We wanted a dining area in the room and the Penthouses in the Haven didn't offer that. Now our excitement can build as we countdown to April 30th.

We also though it may be quite dark In the room with the Hull balcony and one Porthole facing forward.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

We were booked in 13706 for the transatlantic. Today we changed to a 2 bedroom Villa. We wanted a dining area in the room and the Penthouses in the Haven didn't offer that. Now our excitement can build as we countdown to April 30th.

We also though it may be quite dark In the room with the Hull balcony and one Porthole facing forward.

I could be wrong but it looks like there is a table in the s7 category. But then again the picture also shows an open balcony! Even the decks lower than 13 are going to have an upper corner blocked.

Hope you don't mind me asking but was there a large upcharge?

I could be wrong but it looks like there is a table in the s7 category. But then again the picture also shows an open balcony! Even the decks lower than 13 are going to have an upper corner blocked.

Well per the S7 description you had dining area in the room,

where as the S5 You do not. Just a basic room with Haven Access.

Hope you don't mind me asking but was there a large upcharge?

The total difference was $801 total.

We called a few months ago looking to Upgrade to the 2 Bedroom and it was going to be $1500 plus lose our OBC however now they charged us just the $801 plus we keep our OBC - After the big scheme of things is not that much more. We would have gotten just a S5 however we wanted a separate living and dining area.

After speaking with concierge services twice and being transferred both times to a supervisor, I called Executive offices. Everyone told me "no" to any type of deal on an upgrade (because of hull balcony rm 13706).

Then I called my PCC and explained everything. She told me she would make some calls. 2 hours later, the woman I spoke to at executive offices called to offer me a complimentary upgrade to s7 and I was able to pick my room from a handful still available. I had to tell my husband, "this is not an April fools"!! And I got the email confirmation so I know it's really true. I can't believe this happened! My daughters are on spring break and think I'm crazy because I'm jumping up and down and screaming and repeating "i cant believe it!" over and over! Lol

Bottom line: If you're unhappy with something, let them know and don't give up!!