Breakaway S7

SissasMomE

The small balcony on the S7 has been know about for months it is in the detailed cabin descriptions that were reported.

total/cabin/balcony

419/387/32 s7 forward

505/430/75 s6 aft

334/280/54 s5 courtyard penthouse

559/516/42 s4 2bed

570/473/97 s3 OS

936/742/194 s2 DOS

Edited by insidecabin

The small balcony on the S7 has been know about for months it is in the detailed cabin descriptions that were reported.

total/cabin/balcony

419/387/32 s7 forward

505/430/75 s6 aft

334/280/54 s5 courtyard penthouse

559/516/42 s4 2bed

570/473/97 s3 OS

936/742/194 s2 DOS

To me, the pictures really help bring it to life....to be able to see size with furniture. I agree that it is a nice room with what seems like a lot of great storage. It would be better if the other decks, other than the 1 on 13, included a Pullman bed for 4th person.

Although the floor plan hasn't been released, based on pictures and similar rooms on other ships, your 17 year olds will not only be sharing a bathroom with you, they'll also have to walk through the mater bedroom to get there. If you can spend a little more for the aft facing penthouse, you will get an extra HALF bathroom.

Just another thing to think about. Hope it helps. Happy planning!

Thank you. I can't see 4 adults in one bathroom! Even though it's only a 1/2 bath, it still helps.

I think the suite is pretty cool. I am not crazy about the port hole but at least it is a window. I think the aft penthouse bedroom has no window at all.

The bathroom is specatcular even though it has no window. HUGE double sinks and separate tub and shower. Thank goodness NCL did not combine the two like on Epic and created a roman tub/shower combo. Even the owners suite has no window in the bathroom.

Thanks for the definitive pics.

Proof positive that there is no forward facing balcony, nor even a balcony large enough for two chaise longue/reclining chairs. In fact, it is a tiny balcony for a suite. And there is no lookout porthole in the bathroom either - which is depicted on the website.

Basically, a big letdown compared to the description - tho still a cheaper way to get to the Haven.....

I absolutely agree that the original description does in no way match the actual cabin (forward facing balcony to see the amazing views??). I have to say though, that this room is absolutely lovely...including the living and bathroom...so I think you will have a great cruise!! There may be reclining chairs or loungers to take advantage of elsewhere considering you are in the Haven!! ;)

After staring at a few pixs I think my s7 on 9th floor might also be a hull balcony, not as bad as 13th floor. I really think they should offer these suites at a lower price than the rst of the s7, not the any of them have big balconies. I see they changed the descriptions of them tho on the ncl site

I'm in an S7 on 1st Dec and from the new video it looks OK albeit with a tiny balcony. When I went in a 2 bed Haven Penthouse on the Epic I hardly went out onto the balcony at all but the daylight in the bathroom was nice which you clearly will not get with the porthole in the bedroom only.

I really wanted the forward balcony this time for taking photos - because this is sailing from NYC. What better place to sail out of with a long zoom and decent ish camera. Looks like me and the rest of the Haven will be crammed up on the sun deck for this. I just hope you can get a view over the perspex screens.

First impressions from the videos recently uploaded... it looks nice but everything looks smaller than the Epic and not quite as nicely set out. The Haven area looks smaller especially the sun deck/bar where it now appears half has been taken up with the Vibe area that anyone can pay to go into. $$$ NCL.

TBH I've only ever been on the NCL Epic and I really like it. And the reason we've moved over to the Breakaway is that the shows on the Epic haven't changed significantly since launch a few years ago and I've seen them all a few times over. If they rotated the entertainment between other ships in their fleet I'd probably go back to the Epic that I know and like.

However, I go with an open mind and am looking forward to NYC and this cruise at the end of the year. We are very easily pleased at the end of the day and tend to make the best of any situation.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Thanks for this thread. We just booked the S7 in Room 11106. Looking forward to it. It does not look as big as our owners suite that we had on the Oasis of the Seas... but it will do. :D

We are headed out at the end of April. :D

• 2 months later...
Anybody have a pic of 13706's balcony from the inside looking out? Cant find one anywhere. All I have seen are exterior shots from a considerable distance.

Here ya go! Not sure where it's from. I saved it to my ipad AWHILE back. We upgraded to the S6 (now H6) because of this. Website was misleading, with the pictures.

image.jpg.64829786d147e8325eb5db9ed194748f.jpg

Many thanks! Uhhh, wow. :D

So, about 2k more to be right in the Haven on Deck 16 in a 2 bedroom. Whaddya think? :o

Aside from the balcony, big benefit to being within the Haven itself?

We upgraded to the Aft penthouse. At the time it was $700 more than the S7. For us, it's the better choice. Yes, it's further away from the courtyard but I cannot give up that balcony! We went with deck 12. Only 9 is larger. If I could choose now, I think I might have chosen deck 11, to have bedroom by balcony with a 2nd door to balcony so we wouldn't have to disturb our kids. I'd also choose PORT SIDE to be able to view the fireworks from the balcony, if needed with kids being tired (I've heard of the fireworks being as late as 10:45 and as early as 8:30) or if we just wanted to escape the crowds. If you prefer to be as close to courtyard as possible, go with the 2bedroom. I assume you have 4 in your cabin? Otherwise you could probably go with another floor s7.

Many thanks for your advice. Much appreciated!

Of course!! When I was in your shoes, NCL didn't even HAVE the ship yet and these boards helped me realize I booked us in a hull balcony. We upgraded, have that awesome balcony, a view from the bathroom, AND also get a second bathroom WITH A SHOWER!

Haha! Nice!

Well I am booked this summer on the Getaway in the Haven Aft suite (first cruise ever), so looking forward to it. Just trying to get my winter cruise sorted out (will be my second cruise). Debating between the Getaway again in either the haven "forward" suite on 13 with the crap balcony, or the two-bedroom in the 16th. I love the new and fresh look of the Getaway decor and design.

Going a little crazy, especially when I consider maybe I shouldn't do the same ship twice in a row, and should try the Gem. Its just that the green decor of the Gem suites and the look of the Haven Courtyard is putting me off a bit...Is that concern possibly well-founded?

Zak