Seattle Restaurants

Bushido

My wife and I are booked on the July 16th Diamond out of Seattle...We are staying in Pioneer Square and looking for a good seafood restaurant to go to on Friday night the 15th??? Actually any and all restaurant selections would be welcome, but first and foremost we are looking for seafood...Thank you for all the help

There are plenty of restaurants in the immediate area of Pioneer Square that specialize in your quest for seafood. I’m guessing that you will be seeing the local sights to include the Pike Place Market and the Seattle waterfront. While on the waterfront there are several restaurants to choose from. Depending on what your budget is you can go from inexpensive to extravagant. I will provide you with a URL that will take you to the home page of Restaurants at Bay Pavilion located at Pier 57 which is on the waterfront: http://www.pier57seattle.com/restaurants.html Hope you enjoy your visit!

I don’t know how I missed it but another place to eat if you are out and about during a stay in Seattle is Ivar’s on the waterfront. It’s an absolute institution on the Seattle waterfront and I will attach its URL also: http://www.ivars.net/Locations/locations.html

Yet another well known seafood restaurant in the downtown area is McCormick & Schmicks: http://www.mccormickandschmicks.com/main.cfm?action=area&area=2 Again, depending on your budget you have a multitude of choices.

For seafood, I think Elliot's, which is on the waterfront, is better than Ivar's. Ivar's is an institution, it's true, but I think the food is better at Elliot's. I also like the Brooklyn, which is on 2nd Ave. by the art gallery. McCormick & Schmicks also has excellent seafood, but if you live in a major US city, you've probably already got a McC&S near you. Closer to Pioneer Square, I really like Fado, an Irish bar/restaurant on 1st & Columbia, not for seafood (unless you like fish & chips) but for boxtys and good atmosphere. They often have live music at night. You'll also be close to the International District (Seattle's version of Chinatown), so if you're looking for any type of Asian food, you can find it there.

The best/most original seafood in town is Flying Fish in the Belltown neighborhood, a short cab ride from Pioneer Square. I highly, highly recommend it. People seem to like Waterfront as well (just north of Pier 69 on the water at Pier 72), but I think it's overpriced.

Etta's, just north of Pike Place Market on Western Ave is very solid as well. It can be crowded with tourists, but don't hold that against it.

Finally, there are very good asian seafood options - Sea Garden for Chinese, and Malay Satay Hut for SE Asian come to mind.

Eric

Archived