Days for Culinary/Art Classes

RDMOREU

Hello, We will be on a Dec. 2013 Rio/Valpariso tour. (I'll also post this on the Roll Call.) Are the Culinary and Artist Loft classes normally on 'sea' or 'port' days? TIA

Classes are offered on both Sea and Port Days.

Sign into your Onboard Account on the Oceania Site, and under "Manage Your Trip", you'll find a listing of those activities, such as cooking classes, La Reserve, Shore Excursions, etc, which may be reserved (and paid for) in advance.

Classes in the Artist's Loft, although they are not ALWAYS art classes, are offered free of charge and are not publicized beforehand. Look for a schedule and a sign in sheet, once you are on the ship.

To both FLORIDIANA and JIMANDSTAN, thenk you for your responses.

JIMANDSTAN: I have been keeping an eye on the availability of the 'classes'; our cruise isn't until 12/14 - is there a normal span of time before sailing that they are normally listed? So, if I'm understanding correctly, I DON'T sign up BEFORE sailing, but only when on the ship????

JIMANDSTAN: I have been keeping an eye on the availability of the 'classes'; our cruise isn't until 12/14 - is there a normal span of time before sailing that they are normally listed? So, if I'm understanding correctly, I DON'T sign up BEFORE sailing, but only when on the ship????

They put the classes onto the Website as soon as the Instructors have been lined up for those cruises. That MAY happen as far out as twelve months, but more likely 6 or 8 months before you sail. Just keep checking ;)

The CULINARY CLASSES may be reserved ahead of time, but you pay at the time when you reserve them.

THE Artist Loft Classes are free and they are basically first come first served on the ship (although they will sometimes leave a sign in sheet at the door to avoid confusion).

Hope this helped, enjoy your cruise!

We returned last week from a Mayan Mystique 10 day cruise. I believe there were culinary arts classes every day. I booked mine ( Thai Cuisine), several months ahead and had to pay at that time with my credit card. Keep checking under the "already booked" and see what's available.

The class was great! Good hands on experience. Keep in mind that you will be on your feet for approx. 2 hours. Some participants needed to step aside for a break. Enjoy!

We had three booked. Although we got them on the day we had scheduled, the times were changed from morning to afternoon (or vice versa) for at least one of them. We did book them ahead of time.

We were pleasantly surprised at the bridge (the game!) classes and the duplicate and social bridge games (hosted) on all sea days. We had a lot of sea days! They offered beginner and intermediate classes. No charge. This kept me busy! Excellent teachers - Barbara Seagram and her husband Alex. We did not have prior info about this.

Archived