Got our Docs today, question about flights Carnival assigned us..

CruiseVirginsBGKY

Our cruise is on May 9th on Carnival Destiny. We are pleased with the airlines and times Carnival assigned us. However, on the 3 hour flight from Charlotte to San Juan, my husband and I were assigned seats behind each other. How can I get it changed where we can sit together?

Thanks for your help.

Call the airline direct and ask them to change your seats, I would do this ASAP as flights book fast to San Juan. They will need your PNR-reservation number.

Scandinavian Sun
Emerald Seas
Island Princess
Seaward
Norway
Westward
Sensation
Facsination
Majesty of the Seas
Dawn Princess
Inspiration
Norwegian Dream
Norwegian Sun
Grandeur of the Seas (June 2002)
Carnival Paradise (Sept 2002)
Grand Princess (June 2003)
Disney Magic (Sept 2003)
Diamond Princess (June 2004)

Here we come for our honeymoon on the Diamond Princess

June 12,2004

As an addition to the post above (they're exactly right - find out the PNR - the long string of letters and #'s) if they can't assign you anything over the phone, ask at the airport - airlines gerenally hold back about 20-30% of their seats for assignment at the airport (i.e. don't panic if they can't give them to you over the phone). I've often been seated away from my travel mates according to the airline, but got reunited by asking at the checkin counter.

Enjoy your cruise!

• 2 years later...
[quote name='CruiseVirginsBGKY']Our cruise is on May 9th on Carnival Destiny. We are pleased with the airlines and times Carnival assigned us. However, on the 3 hour flight from Charlotte to San Juan, my husband and I were assigned seats behind each other. How can I get it changed where we can sit together?

Thanks for your help.[/QUOTE] If you do this at the airport be careful. On our first cruise the same thing happened to us. It was also the first time I ever flew and I was very nervous. We were told by our TA to change it at the airport. We asked the person at the ticket counter at the gate if we could get two seats together and he said yes, to stand to the side. When it got to be about 10 minutes before takeoff, I we thought we better go ahead and get on. There were people in our seats and only two seats left on the plane. One way up front and one in the back. Lucklily for us, when the stewardess came over as were were talking to the people in our seats, she was able to deboard and get those two leftover seats assigned to us. We almost missed our flights. We would also have missed our cruise because, as it was, we did not get to the ship until 3:30 and the ship sailed at 4:00.

I have found the easiest way to change seats is just to ask the people in the seats next to you and your husband. I may be lucky, but every time the person involved has been willing to change seats so that we can sit together. So if you can't change seats prior to your flight, just wait to you board. You will probably find someone willing to change. You can also ask as soon as you board your flight attendant to find a way to change seats to get you together. I have seen that done too. Good luck.

Pooh

[INDENT][quote name='PoohUnderstands']I have found the easiest way to change seats is just to ask the people in the seats next to you and your husband. I may be lucky, but every time the person involved has been willing to change seats so that we can sit together. So if you can't change seats prior to your flight, just wait to you board. You will probably find someone willing to change. You can also ask as soon as you board your flight attendant to find a way to change seats to get you together. I have seen that done too. Good luck.

Pooh[/quote]

Yes, we have also asked people once we get on the plane to trade seats so we can be together and evenone has always been nice, it's never been a problem.
[/INDENT]

Archived