Upper berth

Mazz55

Know this sounds funny to many but do you have to climb up to reach the upper berth? And do they have siderails so you don't fall out? If convert the twins to queen, where is the third berth in relation to main bed?Thanks everyone!!!;)

Yes, you climb a ladder to the 3rd berth, and they do have siderails (small).

If the berth is being used, they usually won't make the lowers into a queen configuration - they don't person in berth falling onto those in the bed. Some stewards will bend that rule for you.

The location of the third (and fourth) varies from one type of cabin to the next. In the minisuite configuration used on Princess starting with Grand Princess, the third bed is a roll-out in the couch, and the upper berth, if there is one, pulls down from the ceiling. In either case, the two regular beds can be put together without problem. That is not always the case in other categories.

We had an Oceanview Quad on the Dawn Princess- my daughter's husband couldn't go on the cruise, so she stayed with me and my sister. The beds were twins with an upper berth over each which pulled down from the ceiling. The guardrail was indeed small-quite short. The ladder was ok. Setup is for agile people. The quad situation in Oceanview works well for three- four would be kinda crowded.

Do those things actually hold full grown adults?? They seem kinda small and just 'hovering' there. I'm sure they are firmly anchored to the wall, huh?

I just wouldn't want to be on the bottom bunk if someone...say 6'2" and 220lbs was above me!!!!!!!!! YIKES!

Archived