We were treated Famously!

Margarita Jane

We are just back from the 5/21 sailing on the Constellation to the Baltics.

We had a wonderful cruise, and Celebrity was great. While they are not perfect, I don't think there was much they could have done to improve on our trip.

Minor notes: We were on the Millie last October in the Med last October, and it was the first time we were charged for newspapers. We were happy to see the "free" newspapers on the Connie this trip. We also were able to use the Bar at The Edge of the Earth for observation and just relaxing. We had heard it was sometimes closed because of Cirque, but we didn't notice. DH does not like the "beds", but at least you can still sit, get a drink, and look out the front of the ship.

Our Asst. Waiter said Michael Roux was joining the ship on 6/4, so I would be willing to guess the food this sailing will be excellent. However, we have no complaints on the food. The food in San Marco was very good (not gourmet), and we had no problems gaining several pounds this trip. Ocean Liners was wonderful, and we enjoyed an evening in the specialty restaurant.

The only slip up we encountered was a wait for the shuttle into town at Riga. The line was quite long, and at 60 minutes round trip, we waited about 40 minutes. However, Celebrity still provides free shuttles, so waiting in one port for the shuttle is pretty minor.

All the staff that we encountered were friendly, helpful and accomodating. Our stateroom attendants, and waiters took care of all special requests.

We were very pleased with the product, and had a great time!

I'm so glad you had a great trip. We are taking the Connie to the Baltics next year. When you have a moment, please write up a detailed trip report, would love to hear about your experiences at the ports.

Thanks!

as I am SO sick of bashing going on for a cruiseline that really does know how to "treat us famously". I enjoyed Connie's TA last Sept with being part of a family, not just a customer. Granted folks were very rude to Customer Service folks when Iceland was cancelled due to Hurrican Lilli and we headed to Vigo Spain. Granted Vigo was nothing to write home about since we docked about noon & the city shuts down at 1PM for Siesta. So we enjoyed the pool in the 90 degree heat & added to the tan we had.

Nov 20 we are AFT CC 9201 on Summit, and we are a bit nervous with the pod issue that seems to be mainly on Summit. We got air in March so our non-stop flight to LA is Emergency Exit Aisle Seats for comfort & a nap.

We were on the July 31 sailing last year and it was fantastic. The weather was perfect with no rain and temperatures in the upper 70s to low 80s every day. We liked Ocean Liners so much we ate there twice, even though we had wonderful tablemates in the dining room. We did Tallininn rather than Riga, and it was only a five-minute shuttle ride.

We could find absolutely nothing to complain about. What's WRONG with us?????? Wait! I found a complaint! The free caviar on our riverboat tour in Saint Petersburg was larger than most caviar! And the free vodka was a Russian brand I hadn't heard of!!! Do we get money back, or a free cruise for that???

Allen

Archived