So Many Price Changes for Our Cruise

tabbi_cakes

I am signed up for the service that checks cruise prices and emails me when there is a change.

For the past few days there has been 2 changes a day. The price of my cruise will go down about 6% then a few hours later back up by 6%.

Has anyone else noticed this happening to the price of their cruise? It's gotten to the point where I don't get excited anymore when I see the email from that service.:eek:

I am signed up for the service that checks cruise prices and emails me when there is a change.

For the past few days there has been 2 changes a day. The price of my cruise will go down about 6% then a few hours later back up by 6%.

Has anyone else noticed this happening to the price of their cruise? It's gotten to the point where I don't get excited anymore when I see the email from that service.:eek:

Carnival has invested huge amounts of capital into understanding market trends, cycles & patterns. I am sure that they have locked in on "peak times" for bookings and have adjusted the pricing accordingly. This means nothing though, if you have booked early saver.

I am sure we will never get to take advantage of the early saver on ours, the only price change so far was an increase of $100 per person for our cabin category. Luckily we booked before the price increase. At this point I only check it once in a while to see if there is any reduction at all.

Yep, I'm seeing the same thing on ours. The price keeps fluctuating up and down by $30 a few times a day. But the price we paid is still $60 less than the lower end, so I'm not holding out much hope for price drops on this one. At least we managed to collect $60!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I haven't received as many notifications as OP; maybe a dozen or so in the past few months for our upcoming cruise that was booked Early Saver. None had our 7C Cove any less expensive until a few days ago; it finally dropped a net of $37.50 for a little bit of OBC.

It's gotten to the point where I don't get excited anymore when I see the email from that service.:eek:

I know exactly what you mean... My heart used to skip a beat when I open the mail and there is a message stating: price change alert.

Not so any longer - prices go up 4 times a day by $5, not very exciting....

I wish this Awesome-action thing would be over with and we can go to the regular programming.:D

I don't trust this alert service that you all are using. I check their price for my upcoming cruise and the prices aren't even close to what is being offered on the Carnival website. I wouldn't waste my time on it. Just check Carnival.com periodically...if the price is significant enough and real, you will see it.

This is exactly what I'm experiencing for my October Glory cruise. Twice a day- first the price is up and then it's down, exact same amounts each time. Even when it's at it's lowest price, it's still higher than when I booked. Sounds like the same thing going on.

Prices are definitely fluctuating right now! We live in SW Florida and have been watching a particular cruise that would cover our Spring Break (I'm a teacher and we have two teenagers). My husband checks prices and availability several times a day to see if it drops to a price we can afford. This evening, my husband looked, and the cruise we were contemplating had dropped by over $300! I told him to book right away, while the prices were so low!

I booked the Early Saver a few months ago and since then I had three price drops. The first before the final payment (150.00$) and the other two later given as onboard credit (640.00$).

The trick, look at different times of the day. It's often at the beginning of the night that prices fall. For us, it has paid off.

Archived