After the cruise Oceania still gets an "A+" for service ...

HeatherInFlorida

I know ... I'm still gushing, but ......

When we returned home from our Riviera cruise my husband was a little surprised that his daughter had virtually ignored his milestone Birthday. After all, before we went she made a point of telling me she wanted to do "something special".

We soon learned she had called the Riviera (while we were onboard) to ask that they issue a credit as a gift from her to spend as we wished onboard. We never heard a thing about it.

Stuff happens, things go wrong all the time and that's life. No one is perfect. What matters isn't always about what goes right, but how a company handles when things go wrong. My husband received a really nice, detailed, contrite and apologetic letter from Oceania yesterday. This was a personal letter, not a form letter. I know when we get those where they fill in the blanks to fit the situation. This was detailed up to and including mentioning our upcoming bookings.

Hooray for Oceania one more time. They have yet to disappoint. They credited his daughter, of course, and we'll see if she does something else:D, but that letter of apology offered no rationalization ... just said how sorry they were they messed up. And when my husband's happy, believe me it has to be done right.

Of course, as he read the letter aloud and slid into "And so we are offering you a free cruise ... " I had a split second of believing him. Fat chance! It wasn't quite that much of an oversight!!! LOL. But he got me:).

Archived