Dion of D & D baths excursion

we3k9

How long were you docked? We are only there 8-3:30. Is that enough time for both? Does he have another boat just for the Bath's?

Thanks

We were docked from 8am-6pm. No, your timeframe is not really enough time to do both. This is NOT one of his normal excursions. I believe mine was the first time he ever did it, as I contacted him and asked if possible, since noone else would do it. We left the dock with Dion at about 9am. Got to The Baths by 9:30am, spent 2 hours there. We then took the boat about 45 minutes to JVD and spent 2.5 hours there. We were back to the ship by 3:30pm.

Yes, 10 hrs in port makes it possible to do both, that is a great way to get a short visit to each island. Not much time at either one but you do get a taste. With 8.5 hours in port we would do one or the other.

A nice day on Virgin Gorda could include an hour at Spring or Savannah Bay, the Baths, and a stop at the Mineshaft Cafe for the magnificent views and lunch if time permits. Everything is close together in the Valley so you can make a couple of stops easily. Dion does take cruisers from the ferry dock area to the Baths (avoiding the taxi on VG), or you can ferry to Spanishtown and work with a taxi to fit your schedule. The drivers are very easy to work with and can help with your timing at the Baths to avoid the worst crowds.

Or a slightly shorter visit to Josts is doable, either by ferry, bvi360.com, or with more planning a water taxi out of CGB. With the ferry or bvi360.com option you'd only have time for White Bay. With the water taxi you would have time to spend a few hours in White Bay where you'd be dropped, and another hour or more enjoying Foxy in Great Harbor where the boat would pick you up.

Many options but just not enough time to enjoy it all without staying longer! :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Anyone had recent experience with Dion in March? We are in port from 8:00 and sail at 5:00 P.M. Trying to determine what time he would leave the Baths to return to Tortola. In emails all I keep getting is "we will depart the Baths 1 hour prior to your ship sailing". Dont know they understand our ship is sailing later than nornal. Any suggestions as we are the only ship in port that day. Where exactly can you find Dion outside the "gate". Thanks.

We used Dion in February. You can make your own schedule. We got a group of 14 together off of Cruise Critic Roll Call. I emailed Dion and asked to spilt the day between JVD and The Baths. We departed from dock about 9am got to Baths about 9:30ish...stayed till 11:30 which was plenty of time...then arrived JVD at 12:15ish, had lunch there and departed JVD at 3:30. Back to ship by 4:15, we left at 6. Long story short he will work with whatever schedule you want.

We were there in March & I had called in advance & he answered as he was in the boat:p 284-443-3876. Turns out we were the only 2 to actually book, but we picked up a family of 5 and another couple. We were off the boat before Dion was there & everybody else was so friendly, telling us he was on the way. no worries. The boat was a tiny walk away. the price was $50 each. It got really rough when we were there, so we had to go to the marina & Dion arranged a jeep-thing to take us over, a very short ride. No way to get in the water that day. It was still beautiful & we had a great time, including the restaurant/bar at the top. Probably because of the weather, there was hardly anybody else there, which was great!

• 2 months later...

Archived