Bolongo Bay Resort and Iggies Beach bar

we3k9

our party of 7 cruised to St Thomas and had plans of spending the day at Bolongo Beach Resort, we called and spoke to someone at the resort and asked if pool use was included and told them we had 7 in our group.

we were told that yes use of the pool could be arranged, it is slow season, and it would cost $125 for family pass to use the resort chairs, pool, non motorized watersports. we knew the beach was not going to be the nicest of beaches but were mainly interested in the pool and water sports.

after paying a taxi to take us there, it cost $42 for 7 of us, we were directed to the gift shop to get our pass, the lady there laughed at us and said, i dont know who you talked to but there is no way i can charge you $125 for 7 people and no use of the pool, so we left and walked next door to Iggies, and spent a very nice day there , we rented 4 chairs at $5 each and got buckets of beer 4 for $15. and played beach volleyball for free, enjoyed free use of a hammock on the beach, ate nachos and drank pain killers, and put our $125 towards food and drinks.

we had a blast at Iggies, and couldnt have had a more enjoyable day!

Thanks for taking to post that we3k9. We enjoyed a couple happy hours at Iggie's last week and it is a fun spot, great vibe. Glad your day worked out great even though you had to shift gears - Sometimes that's for the best!

our bartender was "Mr Awesome" we had buckets of Island summer ale and presidente, and a bucket of Island Hoppin IPA , my group was very happy with the buckets of ice cold beers! and Mr Awesome was easy on the eyes!

I'm a little confused about the original post. If you were told you could use the pool, why did the gift shop assume you couldn't use the pool?

You can play volleyball and use the pool at Senor Frogs at Havensight, though you'll pay more for beer. Sapphire also has volleyball net, but I'm not sure where the ball comes from.

I'm a little confused about the original post. If you were told you could use the pool, why did the gift shop assume you couldn't use the pool?

You can play volleyball and use the pool at Senor Frogs at Havensight, though you'll pay more for beer. Sapphire also has volleyball net, but I'm not sure where the ball comes from.

I never got a name of the person who I talked to when I called and was told that it could be arranged for us to use the pool and the gift shop lady must have been the boss or at least she acted like she was the one in charge and she wanted to charge us per person and that was only for use of the place, no food or drinks. so we walked away with our $125.00 and spent that money next door.

we didnt want to be in crowds of people so we passed on saphire and senor frogs.

not sure when you were there but we stayed at Sapphire the week of Jan 14 and even on the heaviest ship day it wasn't that crowded, definitely not like Magens, Lindbergh, and Coki. But Iggie's is a fun spot, next time maybe consider a couple hours at Sapphire (or Secret Harbor) and a taxi to Iggie's, not that far.

Archived