Bermuda Bike Rail/Trail - March 17th

2choose2cruise

We are booked on the March 17 Miami to Seville and have booked the Bike Ride in Bermuda. We are recreational bikers and thought this would be a good day of exercise. Has anyone been on this trail who could offer any comments on that excursion?

Additionally, our other travel companion will not be taking the bike trip. Does anyone have any other excursions planned aside from the offerings through Azamara for that day?

Hi, if you are taking the trail from Somerset (according to the brochure) then you will be on flat easy terrain that is paved in part and easy to cycle. I cycled the trail frequently when I lived there and it is very seldom busy.

Beyond Hamilton heading east it is more of a bike path, but is quieter. Lovely views, very scenic, especially if you have a guide who can take you off the trail.

If you want to explore the island from Hamilton, I'd suggest taking either the buses or the ferries - Dockyard or St. George would both be interesting destinations.

I would check www.fodors.com for comments from people who might have done this. I booked three weeks of safari through 3 sub-equatorial African countries based largely on advice given there & by comparison, Bermuda should be a cinch!

Although it's been about 5 years since I was on a bike, I'm not sure I'd need to book a tour to pick one up & go off on a known trail over a well-marked route. Bermuda is safe & beautiful & I hope you enjoy whatever you choose to do there.

The more we travel the happier we are with our adventures that are planned through our own resources. Please note that we are also big believers in taking the ship's tours when that makes sense. Have fun, whatever you choose to do!

Archived