Hair dryers on Summit inside cabin?

tammk

Prior to last week's cruise on the Reflection, I never understood how a simple cheap hairdryer could be such a nuisance! First off, the euro plug only worked at the desk next to the balcony door. I'd rather stand up in the bathroom but the one outlet there was for 110v. The small slide bar type on-off button which you had to hold in continuously was very hard to manage with my arthritic fingers. It was hard to try to style my hair using the brush in one hand while having to concentrate on holding that thin bar type button down.

Next time I bring my own travel dryer. It ain't great but a whole lot better than that POS dryer. :(

For anyone recently on the Summit, where are the hair dryers located on the Summit and how well do they work?

Tammy

They are at the desk and that is where you have to plug it in. There is a chair and a mirror there. Holding the button down wasn't that big a deal for me, but then I don't have thick, long hair either. It certainly does the job and keeps me from having to pack a hair dryer in my luggage. :)

Thanks All! They sound similar to what I had on the Constellation last year....my hair is long, altho not thick so maybe I could deal, but if i have room and weight in the luggage will bring my own...trying to avoid it, but will see, Again, thanks!

tammy

Thanks All! They sound similar to what I had on the Constellation last year....my hair is long, altho not thick so maybe I could deal, but if i have room and weight in the luggage will bring my own...trying to avoid it, but will see, Again, thanks!

tammy

Hi Tammy,

We no longer take a hair dryer. So far, the one in the cabin has been fine. If we did have a problem I am sure housekeeping would sort it very quickly. You could take another dress!

Archived