Serenade vs Breeze

Looking to chose between two cruises next January that have very similar itineraries: RC's Serenade of the Seas out of New Orleans vs. Carnival Breeze out of Miami. Serenade is 7 nights vs. Breeze's 6, but each hit Key West and Nassau. Only difference is RC does its private island Coco Cay and Breeze hits Grand Turk (which is close to a wash in my book - both have good beaches and we have been to Grand Turk before) Of course, Serenade gives us one more sea day, but is running about $200 pp more for that one sea day.

Would enjoy visiting New Orleans as much as Miami, so it really comes down to the ships. Went on Serenade's sister, Jewel, a few years ago and really liked its size and decor and worry a bit about Breeze's size (almost twice as many passengers) but then there is that $400 price difference. Any thoughts?

Looking to chose between two cruises next January that have very similar itineraries: RC's Serenade of the Seas out of New Orleans vs. Carnival Breeze out of Miami. Serenade is 7 nights vs. Breeze's 6, but each hit Key West and Nassau. Only difference is RC does its private island Coco Cay and Breeze hits Grand Turk (which is close to a wash in my book - both have good beaches and we have been to Grand Turk before) Of course, Serenade gives us one more sea day, but is running about $200 pp more for that one sea day.

Would enjoy visiting New Orleans as much as Miami, so it really comes down to the ships. Went on Serenade's sister, Jewel, a few years ago and really liked its size and decor and worry a bit about Breeze's size (almost twice as many passengers) but then there is that $400 price difference. Any thoughts?

I was on the serenade in 2011. The service was great on that ship. It was one of the best that I've had. The ship wasn't too big or too small. Which flight is cheaper?

My wife and I sailed on the Serenade in May and we loved the ship. This was before her refurb so she should be even better. The staff onboard in May might be the best I have experianced on any cruise. I have not sailed on the Breeze, but I have sailed on Carnival Dream and it was nice. However, to me there is no comparison. Serenade hands down. I do believe you will be happy with either, but these are two vastly different ships.

Archived