When to cruise the Caribbean?

mairilouise

Hi guys,

I am from the UK and don't know much about the weather in the caribbean but my fiance and I will be booking a back to back cruise on the Allure of the Seas as a delayed honeymoon (we get married in September but this is a no no time to go yeah?). We had considered the 1st 2 weeks in November, is this a safe time to go or should be leave it till later in the month or even December? Ideally we are looking for nice sunny weather when it's freezing in the UK. We aren't too fussed about when we go but would like it to be as soon as possible after our wedding in September but don't want to go if the chances of hurricanes/bad weather are high.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Mairi

My opinion...I would go in early December. The weather will be beautiful. But to answer your question, I think you will be fine cruising the first two weeks in November too.

Congrats on your upcoming wedding and best wishes :)

My opinion...I would go in early December. The weather will be beautiful. But to answer your question, I think you will be fine cruising the first two weeks in November too.

Congrats on your upcoming wedding and best wishes :)

Many thanks for you reply and congrats :) I don't think there is a great deal between the cabin prices and the flight prices are identical, was just looking for opinions. I'm impatient but if i should wait till December i will :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Marilouise ~ congrats on your upcoming wedding. Back to backs on Allure will be a wonderful honeymoon. Since the pricing isn't much different between early November to early December, I say go when you'd like. Hurricane season technically runs through the end of November and while late storms are rare, it can happen. Super Storm Sandy last fall happened at the very end of October.

I'd recommend sailing between mid-November - mid-December. Keep in mind that American Thanksgiving is Thursday, November 28 and that's considered a holiday week so that week may be a little more expensive.

Good luck with your decision and enjoy your honeymoon!

By the way, I highly recommend doing the Chef's Table one evening. It's outstanding and would be a special celebration for your honeymoon!

Archived