RCL Certified Vacation Planner

cruisue

Wasn't happy with the RCL certified vacation planner I used. When I originally booked the cruise with her, she assured me that I would be able to take advantage of a "senior" discount as well as get my stockholder onboard credit. When I sent in my paperwork for the stockholder credit, I was told I couldn't have both the "senior" discount and the stockholder credit. I explained that their agent had in fact specified that I could use both, but they still wouldn't give me both. Final payment had been made by then, so nothing more I could do. Also, tried calling the vacation planner using the extension she gave me, left her a message--didn't hear from her for 3 days. I'll probably go back to using my previous TA after this cruise.

Wasn't happy with the RCL certified vacation planner I used. When I originally booked the cruise with her, she assured me that I would be able to take advantage of a "senior" discount as well as get my stockholder onboard credit. When I sent in my paperwork for the stockholder credit, I was told I couldn't have both the "senior" discount and the stockholder credit. I explained that their agent had in fact specified that I could use both, but they still wouldn't give me both. Final payment had been made by then, so nothing more I could do. Also, tried calling the vacation planner using the extension she gave me, left her a message--didn't hear from her for 3 days. I'll probably go back to using my previous TA after this cruise.

Must be something else going on because the Senior Rate (or Residency Rates) are combinable with the shareholder OBC.

Do you have a balcony discount, savings certificate, or on board booking OBC? Any of those would stop the shareholder OBC from being applied.

I was never able to make use of the shareholder incentive, while I owned stock. I sold my RCL stock recently, but reading this thread just made me realize that the price I paid for my upcoming cruise is just about the same as the after-tax profit I made on the stock, since I bought it back when it was about $10/share. That's a nice perk. :D

interesting, i know alot of times they wont let you use two offers

It's a terminology thing. A "rate" is different than a "benefit". Rates are things like Senior, Military, Law Enforcement, and Residency. Benefits are things like savings certificates, shareholder benefit OBC, balcony discount, etc. Rates are usually combinable with one (or two in specific instances) benefits.

Once exception to this would be a travel agent's rate, which I believe is called Interline. There are more restrictions on Interline rates.

It's a terminology thing. A "rate" is different than a "benefit". Rates are things like Senior, Military, Law Enforcement, and Residency. Benefits are things like savings certificates, shareholder benefit OBC, balcony discount, etc. Rates are usually combinable with one (or two in specific instances) benefits.

Once exception to this would be a travel agent's rate, which I believe is called Interline. There are more restrictions on Interline rates.

An example of this would be our upcoming May cruise, on which we received: Senior rate (Dropped the price of our D1 cabin from $1219/pp to $1039/pp) +NCC OBC ($100) +Diamond Balcony discount ($225). :):):)

Archived