Port or Starboard for Bermuda on Zenith?

Leela

Today is my Mom's birthday and we've decided to book a trip NEXT season to Bermuda on Zenith. Here's a question, though...is it better to take a cabin on the port (left as you face the front of the ship) or starboard side? I saw another thread here that says that if you're on the starboard side you'll be facing Front St. in Hamilton and the light house in St. George. That sounds very nice but is the opposite arrangement even better?

We just returned yesterday from the Zenith to Bermuda. We were on the starboard side. When you are docked in Hamilton I think either view is good, but in St Georges I prefer facing out to sea. The dockside in St Georges isn't as nice as Front Street in Hamilton.

Madkil... on the starboard side, you faced Front St. in Hamilton right? That is what I have heard... thanks.

Hey, what time did you get on the ship by the way? Was the embarkation process easy? We are leaving June 25th on the Zenith. Thanks.

Thanks for the information. I'm all excited because we just booked for the week of May 13, 2006. Which means we'll be together onboard at sea for Mother's Day! It's going to be very fun. We've been talking about taking Zenith to Bermuda since we were on Horizon back in April. We love cruising, and we love crusing together!

We arrived at Cape Liberty at about 12:15. We parked in the longterm lot and we were on board by 12:30. Our stateroom was ready so we dropped our carry-on there and went to lunch. Our bags arrived at our room and we were unpacked before muster drill at 3:45.

When we left Bermuda on Thursday afternoon the water was a little rocky. Nothing serious and I didn't see anyone feeling any ill effects.

We had light blue tags for disembarkation which was scheduled to get off in the second group at 9:45. We were told to gather in the Rendez-vous lounge at 9:30. They called us at about 9:40 and by 10:00 we had our luggage, cleared customs and were in the car on our way home.

Cape Liberty really seems to have improved their act and I wouldn't hesitate to travel from there again.

Leela, port or starboard won't make any difference whatsoever because there's no way of telling from one cruise to the next how the ship will pull into a port. There are a lot of variables as to how a ship docks--tides, time of day at arrival, how many other ships are in port at the same time--- and for one week the ship might dock facing one way and the next week, it might face in the opposite direction.

And I read on the Port of Bayonne site that the $84 is CASH only. We plan on driving and parking there too.

Vic, okay, it was you.... you win. !!

Thanks madkil for the info !!

Denise

We sailed on the Horizon (identical sister ship to Zenith) last time in July 2002 and were on the starboard side but our window was directly in front of the terminal so we had to keep our drapes drawn. In St. Georges there was not much to see facing the town.

On the Horizon Aug. 1999 it was 'smooth as glass' both ways and in July '02 it had some rough times each way and several in our group were seasick but we took Bonine as soon as it got rough and had no problems at all.

We going on the Zenith Oct. '05 and can't wait to return to Celebrity and Bermuda !!

Thanks for the info about going out of Bayonne, as this will be our 1st from this port.

Archived