SENIORS a Big NO NO for the 1-2-3 Bonus..

ewynn07

I understand the senior bonus but have never seen it applied to any cruises in the UK. Has anyone received this discount?:confused:

When I go to check if there has been a price drop on my cruise if I tick the over 55 box it gives a lower rate than if I do not (Best Rate Applied), but it does not (did not) work for all categories. However, even with the over 55 discount the cost of the cruise is still more than when I booked last November.

When I booked ticking the over 55 box did not make a difference to the cost. I thought it was something that as UK residents we were excluded from;)

When I go to check if there has been a price drop on my cruise if I tick the over 55 box it gives a lower rate than if I do not (Best Rate Applied), but it does not (did not) work for all categories. However, even with the over 55 discount the cost of the cruise is still more than when I booked last November.

When I booked ticking the over 55 box did not make a difference to the cost. I thought it was something that as UK residents we were excluded from;)

Brits are not excluded - we got a great senior discount on our last cruise and were able to upgrade from a balcony cabin to a Celebrity Suite. The over-55 discount is often just for certain categories of cabin and only offered for a short time, so you have to keep checking.

Quote:

I, for one, regret opting for the 123 Go instead of keeping my senior rate! Today the senior rate for Veranda guarantee for my April 11 cruise has dropped to almost the same amount as my final payment for oceanview.

My TA tells me that I cannot get a Verandah guaranteed room, and to get a Verandah room now I must pay the full rate of almost $1000 per person to upgrade. For crying out loud, the senior rate for a verandah guarantee room today is about $1900.

I called Celebrity and was told that only my TA has my booking, or can do anything.

End of quote

Further to my previous post, I would like to clarify that the price stood quite firm all along and then dropped a bit only after I had made final payment after the final payment date.

I somehow feel that the 123 package is bait and switch. After I took the package the price continue to drop big time. As prices stand now, if I had not taken the 123 package I could upgrade from oceanview to veranda at no or minimal extra cost.

This experience leaves a bad taste in the mouth.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenna109 viewpost.gif

I understand the senior bonus but have never seen it applied to any cruises in the UK. Has anyone received this discount?:confused:

Bengaltiger1

Brits are not excluded - we got a great senior discount on our last cruise and were able to upgrade from a balcony cabin to a Celebrity Suite. The over-55 discount is often just for certain categories of cabin and only offered for a short time, so you have to keep checking.

Hi Suzy, I do know that UK residents can get the over 55s discount. It was my poor attempt at humour over the exclusion of UK residents from most every other offer :D

Pamela

Hi Suzy, I do know that UK residents can get the over 55s discount. It was my poor attempt at humour over the exclusion of UK residents from most every other offer :D

Pamela

Hi Pamela

Sorry I was slow on the uptake, I did eventually notice your wink;) but it was too late to edit - I shouldn't post late at night when I am half asleep!:)

Suzy

I somehow feel that the 123 package is bait and switch.

It can't be a bait and switch. That is when someone attracts you with an offer, then when you try and buy they pull an excuse and try to switch you to another offer.

You have said that you got the advertised offer so were happy with what they offered, and they have agreed to deliver what they advertised.

Archived