Advice on a Caribbean excursion

have done this, but not in Antigua, we did this in St Lucia

there are several wires, some are short, others are very long and high, there is a stony track between platforms and ladders to climb...some platforms are in the treetops

its very hot, they supply bottled water at the base of the platforms

dont wear shorts, the harnesses are very 'robust'

if you have long hair you will need to wear the supplied 'showercap?' under your helmet

they give you very strong leather workman’s gloves (slightly sweaty?) which you control your own rate of decent/speed with

wear trainers or study shoes, otherwise you may find your flip flops on someone’s roof

its great fun...luved it....ms magot didn’t complete the full circuit (got tired) followed the scenic path thru the forest instead

hope this helps

I done this in Canada which was excellent. Haven't done Antigua one but did see some of the wires which were over quite high ravines in places and it goes between lots of very lush trees. The people doing it appeared to be having a fantastic time. From what I could see this one looked like the one I done where the stops were built in to the end of the lines ie big air bags and not the glove stops. Could be wrong but thats how it appeared. Agree, sensible shoes and at least cropped trousers rather than shorts.

You should be able to do this by yourself. Its down the south of the island and we saw it on the return from Nelsons dockyard en route to Jolly beach. If there are a few of you I would pre arrange a taxi from home to collect your party, do a quick tour on the way to zip slide, get him to wait for you then finish off at a beach for a beer.

Archived