Looking to book first RCI cruise, pricing questions....

We have sailed with Carnival and NCL but never Royal Caribbean. We are pretty sure that we want to book the Freedom for summer 2014 when son graduates from high school assuming the Freedom remains in Port Canaveral. From what I can gather the summer 2014 itineraries will probably be released in March or April so I want to be ready. I have been reading and trying to get up to date on the differences between the lines. So with Royal Caribbean are the prices likely to be better the farther out one books? Does RCI have any great sales I should wait for or offer half-price deposits, OBC? Are TAs not allowed to discount RCI cruise fares as they cannot do with NCL and CCL?

One last question as far as dining, there will be four of us, do you recommend set dining or anytime dining? Why is one preferred over the other?

They have WOW Sales with half priced deposits and obc but those only come a few times a year. There are other promotions with obc.

Book when the price is right. I don't recommend waiting for a sale because prices tend to go up for those. You can take price reductions up until final payment date after which it is upgrade only - no lower prices.

As for dining, it just depends on what you like. It is all personal preference. I tend towards the standard late seating because I like the traditional experience.

We have sailed with Carnival and NCL but never Royal Caribbean. We are pretty sure that we want to book the Freedom for summer 2014 when son graduates from high school assuming the Freedom remains in Port Canaveral. From what I can gather the summer 2014 itineraries will probably be released in March or April so I want to be ready. I have been reading and trying to get up to date on the differences between the lines. So with Royal Caribbean are the prices likely to be better the farther out one books? Does RCI have any great sales I should wait for or offer half-price deposits, OBC? Are TAs not allowed to discount RCI cruise fares as they cannot do with NCL and CCL?

One last question as far as dining, there will be four of us, do you recommend set dining or anytime dining? Why is one preferred over the other?

Yes, Royal does not allow TA's to discount fares.

Archived