Mailing Postcards

For all you expert cruisers...a quick question:

I want to send postcards to our family back home, and I know each country has it's own postage requirements. So, how do I do this? Do I bring my own stamps? Buy them on the ship?

HELP!!!!!

You can buy them on the ship or go to the local post office in each port. The only downside to mailing them from the port is that you'll probably be home before the cards get to your friends.

BTW, local postage is a cheap souvenir and takes up almost no room in the suitcases. ;)

We mailed out postcards from the Pursers desk on the last day (from Tampa) and it took them two weeks to get home after we arrived home. We had been collecting them during the cruise just didn't have time to get them written and mailed!

We have also mailed from the ship. Also have found the purser's desk to be very helpful with stamps - my mom lives in England and they knew how much postage I needed, etc. I guess they get used to people from all over the world mailing postcards "home."

We have had various "luck" with delivery - some have beaten us home - some have come 2 weeks later.

I try to buy/write early and mail early. I also print labels ahead of time with the addresses already done - saves time and easier to read.

Guest OBAYbee

If I want to send someone a card from "Hell" in Grand Cayman will I have to mail it straight from Hell?

If that is the case what are cards postmarked as being from when you mail them via the ship?

Here's a thought.. mailing a card from Hell will be postmarked "Hell, Grand Cayman"

RCCL ought to answer that with a little plug, using a postmark "From the hottest place in the world" name then cruiseship.

(I didn't intend to do "stand up" when I first decided to post on this thread. While responding though my feeble attempt at humor some how took over and got the best of me. LOL)

Archived