Blue Lagoon/Dolphin Encounter

kadeycat

We plan on reserving the Dolphin Encounter in October off the Sovereign. Figure we'll sign up directly and pay less since we don't have to worry about being back at the ship till 1 am. I know we'll be assigned a time to meet at the Ferry Terminal to go over to the island. My question is: do we have to return to Paradise Island right after the encounter or can we stay & enjoy the island for a few hours? When is the last boat? I think it would be better to beach it there instead of going back and paying another taxi driver to get us to and from a different beach.

The Dolphin Encounter and the Blue Lagoon tours are owned and operated by 2 different companies. Dolphin Encounter folks are not supposed to access the Blue Lagoon area.

Sometimes they look the other way, but I wouldn't count on it.

Can we purchase tickets to use the Blue Lagoon area after we are done with encounter, or does the boat do a head count to be sure everyone is off the island?

Just trying to maximize time spent on beach and minimize time in cabs,boats,etc.

Thanks for help!

I believe you can arrange with nassau Cruises to stay and return on a later ferry. They sometimes use the same ferries..

The website is at http://www.nassaucruisesbahamas.com/excursions.htm

Most of the site is broken (they no longer handle dolphin swim etc.) but you can use the contact information.

Give them a call and tell them you will be at the dolphin swim.. the price may be less, since you won't need a ferryride.

Here's a copy of some info on the Dophinencouter site regarding the use of Blue Lagoon Island

Q. Is there a day package to Blue Lagoon?

A. Yes, for this you need to contact Nassau Cruises at (242) 363-1000. However, you still need to book your dolphin program directly with us.

Q. If I book a day package to Blue Lagoon, how do I get to Dolphin Encounterssm2.gif?

A. It is about a 5-10 minute walk to the eastern side of the island.

Archived