Steakhouse on the first night

missmacie

That's a good question. We only got one bottle and we had 2 rooms - but our underage kids occupied the 2nd room. Maybe you guys should book 3 reservations at the same time and then arrive at hostess and see if they can seat you guys at a table for 6? Like I said, I remember it only being half full.

On Carnival Dream we and our friends traveling with us made separate reservations for the first night and when we arrived, we asked to be seated together. We had separate S&S cards and were given two bottles of wine.

I love going on the first night. Unless we are traveling with friends/family we usually ask for a table for two in the MDR, so we aren't missing any table mates etc. When we travel with friends, we all go to the Steakhouse the first night.

We plan to dine in the steakhouse with 2 other couples. Does anyone know if you only get 1 free bottle per table or per stateroom?

Per reservation, so make 3 reservations and ask to be seated together.

If you really feel bad about not going to MDR first night if you can drop by and let your server and others at the table know you're eating in the Steakhouse but will join them tomorrow do that. But don't worry about it at all if you can't.

Firist night MDR menu is my least favorite except for creme brulee.

I always do the steakhouse the first night. On the Liberty, they were really pushing the free bottle of wine!

I have tried to get reservations for my trip in 3 weeks on the Glory, but they WILL NOT email me back. Hopefully there will be something available when I get on the ship.

I don't think getting a table will be a problem at all. Have a great cruise.

If dining with someone that doesn't drink, do they still give you a full bottle and can you take it with you as you leave to have another night?

Along with being able to request it in the MDR, they will also cork it for you and allow you to take it to your stateroom.

While the wine isn't top quality, I found the Chardonnay to be palatable and tasty. TIP: Order the cheese plate to go, in the MDR; it's a nice treat while unwinding before bed. Mmmm.

Enjoy!

We were on the Legend in Sept. with a party of 12. They put us at two tables for six (side by side) and we were offered one bottle per couple. So three bottle per table.

Went on the Dream over New Years with a party of 6 (4 adults, 20 year old son and 16 yo daughter) they asked my son how old he was, and then offered us 2 bottles.

So those that say it is per reservation, that has not been my experience. We all know, however, that Carnival is famous for their inconsistencies! :)

As a side note, we went on the Valor a few years ago and brought our own wine. Kids were 17 & 13, and the waiter poured them each a glass!!!! Our son was a little bummed he couldn't have wine this last trip, but he made up for it by eating ALL the steak the rest of us couldn't finish!!! :D

Hi:)

We would like to eat in the Steakhouse the first night but have kids with us (8 & 11) who we would rather not bring with us.

What are our options? I think I've read that Camp Carnival isn't open on the first night, is that right?

Thanks.

If dining with someone that doesn't drink, do they still give you a full bottle and can you take it with you as you leave to have another night?

We went to the steakhouse on our first night last Nov. on the Pride. The dining room was mostly empty which was nice because it lent to a more romantic atmosphere.

My wife and I are not into wine much and at first declined the free bottle, but when it was offered a 2nd time we asked if we could just take it with us. They had no issue with it and gave it to us after dessert. We still have the Merlot which we will probably have this Valentine's day as we reminisce about our cruise :-)

Totally random, but I've heard that you get a free bottle of wine if you book a reservation for the steakhouse on the first night.

1) Does anyone know if there is any truth to this?

2) Anyone that has done it before, I feel like it's *bad* not to show up to dinner on the first night.. that's just me being crazy, right!? lol

Do you have to sign up for the free bottle of wine in the steakhouse on the first night or do you just get it automatically if you dine there?

Do you have to sign up for the free bottle of wine in the steakhouse on the first night or do you just get it automatically if you dine there?

They just offered it to us right after being seated. We didn't even know about it before hand.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm going solo on my next cruise. I will probably go to the steakhouse on the first night since it appears it won't be too crowded. I'm curious if they will offer the free bottle of wine to a one person reservation. Does anyone know?

Archived