late seating with kids

misseulalie

We are cruising on the Magic in November with our daughter, 3 and son, 13. We opted to do late seating because we don't want to miss out on port days. There just isn't enough time to get ready for dinner at 6, when you are in port until 5. We actually plan to feed the kids at the buffet early in the evening or have them eat at the kids club. That way, we get alone time during dinner, while they get to do the kids programs. If they want to eat with us, we will probably do a snack from room service to tide them over. My daughter will probably nap late in the day anyway (she is a night owl), so I don't worry about her being sleepy at 8:30 if she decides she wants to stay with mom & dad. Hope this helps. You can also try to change you seating once you get onboard, although this may be difficult because most people want to eat early.

Joanne :)

Has anyone had a late seating with small children? (4 yrs)

If so, how did you handle eating so late?

The only seating available was late seating, so I didn't have much choice.

:)

We have the same issue. Our GD is 4. The cruise is mainly for her so we are hoping we can work around her time schedule, snack to tie her over before the shows...then by the time it is dinner, have an appetite enough to not tire out on the dining room entertainment.

Anyone have any suggestions? Best time for a nap so she does not miss the adventures during the day?

Also, does anyone have any info on the Oceaneeer Club?

Thank you,

Cindy

Archived