Nickelodeon Bedtime Kit

smalltownmomwa

Well, we sailed on the Jewel for our daughter's 16th birthday. I purchased it for her & the note read your never to old for Sponge Bob.

When we arrived back from dinner, her bed as made up with the blanket & pillowcase. (That was when she first saw it.) She loved it.

One night we came back to the room & the blanket was a peacock towel animal. :)

The funny thing is she is now 18 & still uses both the pillowcase & uses the blanket while watching tv. One of her favorite items in the kit was the flameless candle. It is "clap-on clap-off" operated. She has it on her desk by her bed. :D

• 2 weeks later...

My Mom purchased these for my sons (ages 5 and 3) on our 1/18 Gem cruise, and we thought they were wonderful and worth every penny. It is entirely Sponge-Bob theme, so no Dora (at least that I know of). It came with a blanket and pillowcase, which our room stewards used to make their beds every night, as well as a cool, decorative stand-up nightlight and cups with lids to use during the cruise. It also all came in a sponge-Bob back-pack style drawstring bag. The boys LOVED it!

I purchased this for my then 3 year old daughter on the Jewel (she was also a huge Dora fan at the time), but she liked Spongebob too. They made the bed up for her everynight and she loved it. The package came with great stuff that we still use and she's almost 5 now. Definately worth it for us!:D

Thanks everyone. I will keep thinking about it. I like the concept and the included items, I just really dislike Sponge Bob. :). My kids like him though.

Sent from my XT897 using Tapatalk 2

I also wish it were some other character! My niece doesn't allow the kids to watch Sponge Bob......too bad Dora isn't offered!!

Well, we sailed on the Jewel for our daughter's 16th birthday. I purchased it for her & the note read your never to old for Sponge Bob.

When we arrived back from dinner, her bed as made up with the blanket & pillowcase. (That was when she first saw it.) She loved it.

One night we came back to the room & the blanket was a peacock towel animal. :)

The funny thing is she is now 18 & still uses both the pillowcase & uses the blanket while watching tv. One of her favorite items in the kit was the flameless candle. It is "clap-on clap-off" operated. She has it on her desk by her bed. :D

I just sailed on the Jewel (without kids) and will be going on the Breakaway with my kids in July. I ordered the set for her prior to going on the Jewel precisely because she can bring it on the Breakaway and I'm not sure they will offer it on the Breakaway. She loves it! I'm already imaging her bed made up with Spongebob next summer!!:)

I just sailed on the Jewel (without kids) and will be going on the Breakaway with my kids in July. I ordered the set for her prior to going on the Jewel precisely because she can bring it on the Breakaway and I'm not sure they will offer it on the Breakaway. She loves it! I'm already imaging her bed made up with Spongebob next summer!!:)

I wonder why you can't get this on all ships. I would love to get this for my daughter when we are on the Dawn? Can I order and have it shipped to me so I can take it with us?

Thanks

Tam

I wonder why you can't get this on all ships. I would love to get this for my daughter when we are on the Dawn? Can I order and have it shipped to me so I can take it with us?

Thanks

Tam

Nickolodean functions/events are not offered on every NCL ship. Seems like you would be able to order it though no matter which ship you are sailing on. I would try calling and see if they would send it to your home address.

Looks like you can only get it on the Jewel, Gem & Epic. I think those are the ones with the Nickelodeon "extras".

Nickelodeon Bedtime Kit

Exclusive Online Offer! Save $5.00 by purchasing in advance (Onboard price $44.95). Your child will get to experience Nickelodeon 24-7 with the Nickelodeon Bedtime Kit! Stocked with everything they’ll need for a good night’s sleep, it includes a comfy blanket & pillowcase, a toothbrush, a clap on clap off nightlight and more Nickelodeon themed bedtime amenities. We’ll even turndown their bed with the kit each night of your cruise. Pre-order your child’s Nickelodeon Bedtime Kit today for only $39.95. Only available onboard Norwegian Jewel, Gem and Epic. (Turn Down applies to onboard purchases upon request with your Room Stewart)

http://www.ncl.com/freestyle-cruise/bon-voyage-gifts#nickBedtime

My Mom purchased these for my sons (ages 5 and 3) on our 1/18 Gem cruise, and we thought they were wonderful and worth every penny. It is entirely Sponge-Bob theme, so no Dora (at least that I know of). It came with a blanket and pillowcase, which our room stewards used to make their beds every night, as well as a cool, decorative stand-up nightlight and cups with lids to use during the cruise. It also all came in a sponge-Bob back-pack style drawstring bag. The boys LOVED it!

Do you happen to have a picture of it? Thanks!

• 3 months later...

I am really disappointed other characters are not offered with this. We find Sponge Bob inappropriate and do not let our children watch the cartoons. We would totally purchase these kits if other characters, like Dora & Diego, were offered.

Yes, they are now offering it on Breakaway. I tried faxing an order for it for my son for our 6/16 sailing way back in February. I got a call saying it wasn't offered. It has recently come up as an offering.

I can't stand Spongebob, but my son loves him.

I don't really like spongebob either (bit on the annoying side). though my daughter did like the app when she was younger (we didn't let her watch the actual cartoon).

as she calls our upcoming Gem cruise, the "Nick Jr" cruise, we did buy the set anyways, just to go with the theme. hopefully she's not disappointed that it's not dora.

we also got the bon voyage room package (actually got it as a suprise for DH), but figured DD will like it as well :) this i think we be the 1st cruise she actually remembers. (she doesn't recall the 1st one obviously as she was only 20mo at that time, but she's so excite for this one!)

Piling on in the hopes NCL is reading. Would love to buy this but we don't let our kids watch the Sponge either. Give us Dora or Diego . . . or one of each since we have a boy and a girl.

I just checked into the kit this week for our Breakaway cruise next month & was told it is available but only for purchase on board. Hope this changes as I prefer to pay for as much as I can upfront prior to boarding.

Rather than just post here, I hope parents will email NCL to ask for other nick characters. I find sponge bob inappropriate for most children too :(

I'm intrigued. I've only ever seen Spongebob a couple of times, and it seemed quite harmless to me. Why do people think it is inappropriate?

Archived