Sydney xfer Airport to Port

platterb

Besides the rail system (too much luggage to keep track of for 4 people) does Sydney have a limo service to the port? Any idea how much it will cost? Was told its about $50AUD for a taxi.

Thanks

Hi Platterb

Yes there are numerous Limo services available in Sydney, but you have to prebook....I believe that only accredited cabs can accept ad hoc hirings. (some of these are "silver service" style but its pot luck)

I have used, and recommend this mob:

www.towncars.com

They do a standard Limo service using a full size Ford sedan, or can also offer a Mercedes People mover for larger groups, or those with a fair bit of luggage. I paid A$55 to go from the Airport to dock which was a fixed price including taxes and tolls. The people mover is of course a bit more expensive.

Best to book them on line with some notice. The driver will text you (if you have mobile phone) after you have landed so that he can get the timing of your pick up right.

I note you are a group of 4, with luggage so a sedan might not work.

Alternative is a station wagon cab or a people mover cab - both reasonably abundant, but if there is a queue (as there almost always is) you might have to wait a bit.

Go for the Mercedes People Mover and arrive in style! :D

cheers

• 1 month later...

Thanks for recommending towncars.com. Based on your post, we used them to get from the Sydney airport to our hotel, then back out to the airport when heading home. They were courteous, clean, comfortable and on time, and although a bit higher than a taxi (believe with service we paid something like $70 between SYD and the Park Hyatt at Circular Quay), I considered it worthwhile and would recommend them to anyone. Again, thanks for letting us know about them!

Archived