Holiday Inn Superdome NOLA

fuelerdude

DW and I are sailing on Carnival Elation on 8-5-13. I have been looking for a park and cruise package which is resonably priced and it appears the Holiday Inn Superdome is a pretty good value. I was curious if anyone has any experiences they could share regarding staying at the Holiday Inn Superdome. How close are they to the port? Do they offer a shuttle service to and/or from the port?

I found they offer a shuttle to the port, but you are on your own as far as getting back. I have read many reviews of this hotel on trip advisor and it seems as if it is a decent place to stay. Now I just need to figure if I want to stay here or The Blake......

The Holiday Inn has a rooftop pool and Jacuzzi which I have never experienced and looks to have an amazing view. The park n cruise package offers free parking, brekfast is not included, a little furhter from NO attratctions than The Blake, cost, without taxes will be about $129. The cab fare back from the port would be $10.00, so $139 total, without taxes

The Blake has been getting decent reviews now that they have done some remodelling, breakfast is included in the price, no pool (As far as I can tell.), no free parking, but does offer a $10/day parking, on St Charles (trolley line), close to many attractions, price for the room is $79.00 (139.00 with parking) and not including taxes. They offer a ride to and from the port.

It seems as if no matter which way I go, I will wind up in the $130-$150 range once hotel, parking, and shuttle/cab fare is included for most of the hotels I have looked at. I know there is also the Qaulity Inn Westbank, but for the price being within the same range and no better reveiws, I'd rather be a little closer attractions......

Anyone have any opinions either way on this?

I would choose the Blake based on location. This hotel is in the middle of everything.

The Holiday Inn is a little out of the way compared to the Blake. For the record.... I actually pricelined the Holiday Inn two nights ago for $66 but never made it there, my truck broke down and I made it to the city the next day. I then pricelined the Omni Royal Orleans for $69. :D

• 5 months later...

The Blake has been getting decent reviews now that they have done some remodelling, breakfast is included in the price, no pool (As far as I can tell.),

Where did you see that breakfast is included in the price at the Blake? Maybe I missed it somewhere. I have been considering this place for our December cruise. Is this just a continental breakfast or more? For some reason I was thinking that they had a place to eat on the premises (or the little cafe located on the ground floor on the corner), but I was thinking maybe it was just a little cafe shop and not actually part of the Blake? Can someone let me know?

Archived