Specialty Dining Package question

I found the information below by just searching Specialty Dining on the RCCL page. You can find what is specifically available for your sailing on the "My Cruises" page, by putting your booking number.

I've not experienced this yet, but I believe you book one of the restaurants, and then book the others once on board. I'm sure someone else can give you better direction.

• Central Park Dining Package, at $70 per guest, includes Giovanni's Table Italian Trattoria, 150 Central Park fine-dining restaurant and Chops Grille steakhouse
  • Chef's Dining Package, at $130 per guest, includes the five-course, gourmet Chef's Table and wine pairing, 150 Central Park and Chops Grille
  • Choice Dining Package, at $70 per guest, includes Chops Grille, Giovanni's Table and a choice of Izumi Asian Cuisine or Solarium Bistro

Interesting! Did not know they had a dinning package. So, what do you put on your original reservation? Your choices are early/late seating in MDR and My Time? There are no other options! So, where can you not choose either and just go to the specialty restaurants? I would love to see another option for those who just choose to eat in the WJ. Then all those folks who have asked for a table for 10, and no one comes to the table each night because they are in the WJ,will not be disappointed!!!!!

There are other packages, and yes you book on restaurant on the first or second day then reserve the others on board. There is a list of passengers who have purchased the packages, but do not wait too long to make your reservations.

Did Central park on Oasis and it was a great deal. I bought the package online and the deal was we had to dine at Giovanni's first night. I booked that online and then as soon as we got on the ship we booked Chops and 150.

Did Central park on Oasis and it was a great deal. I bought the package online and the deal was we had to dine at Giovanni's first night. I booked that online and then as soon as we got on the ship we booked Chops and 150.

DH and I did this same package. When you make the online booking you have to select your time for Giovanni's the first night. We booked Chops and 150 shortly after boarding and had no trouble getting the times/days we wanted. I thought the package was great value and would do it again.

Thanks for the feedback. I don't think it's for me. I want to book Chops the first night, not Giovanni's. Also, I'm not interested in having to wait until I'm on board and then scramble for times. I'd much rather just pay the regular price and have it all taken care of in advance.

Thanks for the feedback. I don't think it's for me. I want to book Chops the first night, not Giovanni's. Also, I'm not interested in having to wait until I'm on board and then scramble for times. I'd much rather just pay the regular price and have it all taken care of in advance.

I did not find that I had to scramble for times at all. Giovanni's was awesome! We ate outside and it was beautiful and such fun watching passengers walking by.

Not thrilled with 150 Central Park. Ate there the first year on Oasis and liked the menu better. With the frequent menu changes at 150 I would have to see the ones that are available for us on Allure. If not happy with that there is an alternate package that offers Solarium Bistro (on Oasis) or izumi.

I think the packages are a great deal!

• 4 weeks later...

I've just found that we can book 3 specialty restaurants on Rhapsody for $53.25 - a fairly good deal we feel.

We have to book the first night 6 days prior to boarding at Chops Grill, then book Giovanni's & Izumi once on-board.

Or we might just go for the Sailaway special at Chops Grill then book the others individually once on-board.

Gae

I am planning on purchasing the dinner package on the Rhapsody of the Seas in June. Does anyone know if the package just includes the dining fee for Izumi, or do you get a credit towards the menu items?

The fee goes toward your bill and tips.

We are travelling in two cabins with our adult children. Would it be possible to buy a package for two people and share it with two others? Let 2 do Izumi, another2 chops? Not trying to cheat but the restaurants don't appeal to all of us.

Archived