Westerdam in May

Ginnyjen

Does anyone know how the weather will be in Alaska in May, how far the ships terminal is from Seatac, when are formal nights, best time to book Pinnacle.......Its been a few years since I've been to Alaska (in fact, the last time I went it was on the old Westerdam, which I loved). Any answers are really appreciated.

Does anyone know how the weather will be in Alaska in May, how far the ships terminal is from Seatac, when are formal nights, best time to book Pinnacle.......Its been a few years since I've been to Alaska (in fact, the last time I went it was on the old Westerdam, which I loved). Any answers are really appreciated.

The formal nights are on the first full sea day and the night before you arrive in Victoria..

The pier is about a $50 taxi ride from Seatac. HAL uses a pier located north of the downtown of Seattle.

The formal nights are on the first full sea day and the night before you arrive in Victoria..

The pier is about a $50 taxi ride from Seatac. HAL uses a pier located north of the downtown of Seattle.

This is not true on every cruise. We sailed on the Westerdam on Sept 1st. I asked this same question before we sailed and was also told it would be after Ketchikan. That's how we ended up in the MDR in smart casual on formal night after we left Sitka.

To the OP, the 2nd formal night may be after Sitka OR after Ketchikan. It seemed to vary some last summer. I suggest you check the Explorer each day. On the front page, in small print, it gives the date, the port, and the dinner attire. DH and I both missed it and went to dinner in smart casual.

Archived