Beaches in Nassau

mlm228

We are going to be in Nassau on the Dawn 6/12 sailing. I was wondering if anyone could recommend a beach to go to in Nassau. I've been to Nassau before, but only went to the beach at the hotel where I stayed.

I am pretty sure there is no access to the pool/beach at the Atlantis. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

There is no access to Atlantis beach or pools for none guests. Your cruiseship may offer a beach break package, which will include a guided tour, and then allow you a beach pass for a roped off section at Atlantis, including chaise lounge when available.

Beside this option, you can use the public pathway just past the Atlantis and RIU to enter the same beach that Atlantis uses, just a few meters east. You can rent a chaise, but there are no other amenities, or facilities. Take a cab or ferry to get there. There's a 10 minute walk from the ferry landing.

OR, you can take the jitney or cab to Cable beach and enjoy the pools/beach at the Wyndham or Nassau Beach Hotel. They have restrooms, bar and snak stands, lifequards etc. You're expected to bring your own towel and buy lunch or drinks.

Cable Beach is about 12-15 minutes from the cruise dock.

The British Colonial Hilton, which is just west of the dock in downtown Nassau, allows passengers to use their tiny beach and pool. This is a very nice,quiet, small private beach. The fee is $15. It is a 7-10 minute walk from the cruiseship.

Just past the British Colonial Hilton entrance, and around the bend, is a public beach (lighthouse beach) .. its' just a long stretch of beach with no amenities. but it's free and easy to walk to .

we used it for Free last week =-), it was fun and we each had a drink of the day and FREE appetizers at the outside bar! The kids loved the water and the sand!

Have fun!

$1 bus each way!!! definitely fit our budget!

Archived