How many of you actually......

KPfromCT

So many mixed reviews!!!! lol Sounds like you either LOVE 'em, or HATE 'em!!!!! I just don't want to get some kind of girly infection:eek::eek: But the thought of sitting in one, while cruising sounds beyond relaxing. The more chlorine, in my opinion, the BETTER!!!!!!!!!!:o

I use them when the pools are too cold.

The oldly time I get grossed out is when someone thinks its a GRAND idea to bring their drink in with them.

And I watch as the hot tubs spit its filth into their glasses. They look SO cool.

anytime i've ever been in a hot tub, i've never held my drink down to water level low enough for it to bubble itself into my drink.

Normally we try to avoid the Lido deck and pool area on our cruises, just too crowded, pushy bartenders and no where to sit and loud. But, I do like to soak in a hot tub. The last cruise the tubs were always full and Serenity won't work as I travel with a 7 year old most of the time. We eat our late meal at 4:45-5:00 if back from port and noticed that over evening meal time is a good time. Last cruise I found an empty tub and jumped in. It lasted about 5 minutes until 4-6 kiddies jumped in with M&Ms being passed and dropped into the tub and cursive language, I left after the first two empty wrappers floated by.

Might just skip that whole plan next time.

We got in one last time and there was no problem. Zero kids, no drinks in them, no bartenders even approached. I don't know if we just got lucky last time or what, but there was never any issue with kids in pools, hot tubs or any public areas for that matter. No girlie infections or infections of any kind. I say get in and enjoy :D

One thing I've never tried but plan to is the thalassotherapy pools in the spa. They're supposed to be terrific, very therapeutic and leave you feeling great!

They do! I was skeptical, but it made all the difference in the world for me. I have very bad arthritis and have had a total ankle replacement. My feet and legs did not swell this past cruise like they had on the cruises before! I am a believer!

[B][SIZE=4][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Last Summer at a hotel in Fla. I got a ringworm from a hot tub...Lesson learned quickly.:([/FONT][/SIZE][/B]

[B][SIZE=4][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Took weeks and several trips to the doctor to heal it.[/FONT][/SIZE][/B]

[B][SIZE=4][FONT=Comic Sans MS]So if you do use the hot tub on the ship, shower and cleanse your skin afterwards.[/FONT][/SIZE][/B]

[B][SIZE=4][FONT=Comic Sans MS]I left the hot tub and took a swim in the ocean before I showered. Guessing even the salt water didn`t kill the germs.:eek:[/FONT][/SIZE][/B]

[B][SIZE=4][FONT=Comic Sans MS]To answer your question tho, no I`ve never been in a hot tub on the ship.[/FONT][/SIZE][/B]

Archived