Ecstasy Reviews

lovetocruise25

We sailed on the ecstasty in December and didn't take many photos on the ship. It is an older ship, clean and the crew was great. You can find many photos of cruise ships on www.cruisedeckplans.com. You pay a one time fee and it has photos that cruisers submit. They also buy photos. (I have NO ownership in the website, I just think it is a great site)

We are traveling on Ecstasy in 2 weeks and have read varied reviews about the dining room wait times. How was your experience in the dining room? Any beaches to recommend in Nassau? Thanks for any info you think is helpful. Thanks!

The dining room was very nice and the food was good....not great but good. We ate twice at the Steakhouse and it was superb. A good public beach is by Atlantis....you can take a cab. They have jet skiis, chairs and umbrellas...all for a price. We have been there several times.

Sailed "Ecstasy" just a few weeks ago, and liked it so much, that we're sailing her again on Feb 16th. GREAT ship, outstanding crew, excellent entertainment, and fantastic service, and food. You'll enjoy your

"Ecstasy" cruise. :cool:

"SKY"

The dining room was very nice and the food was good....not great but good. We ate twice at the Steakhouse and it was superb. A good public beach is by Atlantis....you can take a cab. They have jet skiis, chairs and umbrellas...all for a price. We have been there several times.

I think you may have the wrong ship or maybe they've recently added one, but the Ecstasy didn't have a Steakhouse last year when I was on it. I still don't see one listed on any deck layout websites.

• 3 weeks later...
We are traveling on Ecstasy in 2 weeks and have read varied reviews about the dining room wait times. How was your experience in the dining room? Any beaches to recommend in Nassau? Thanks for any info you think is helpful. Thanks!

Was on the Ecstasy on January, and wait times for Anytime Dining were the worst I've experienced on Carnival... about an hour on elegant night, including time in line, time with a pager, and waiting for someone to actually seat us once the pager went off. The really frustrating thing was all the open tables once we were finally seated. I couldn't figure out what their problem was and how they managed to f*** up something every other ship could get right. It just seemed like a clusterf*** and a meltdown in progress every night except the last night (when people were too tired and/or packing and didn't want to bother going to the dining room, or maybe they had just gotten fed up with the wait times).

I'm normally a pretty laid back cruiser but wound up giving the Maitre d' a piece of my mind on formal night.

Just was on it two weeks ago:

Here is the link to the review:

Ecstasy Review: Freeport, Nassau, Key West

And here are the photos I took on the trip:

Cruise Photo Gallery

Overall review is it was OK, but not good. There was a constant sewage smell in some areas. The smoking areas were horrible. The food was just ok. And while the service wasn't bad, it wasn't outstanding. My wife and I sailed on the Fascination out of Jacksonville a year ago, and preferred that boat to the Ecstasy. If given a choice, we probably wouldn't choose the Ecstasy, however, at the same time, if it's the only cruise in our time frame that we can take, there was nothing so bad that we would say never again. Just not the best.

Archived