Daytime MUTS?

cruiseapril

On the Carib Princess in Nov, the MUTS played constantly unless there was another form of entertainment going on in the main pool area. It was a horrible noise, especially as you walked out of the Horizon Court and tried to sit at one of the tables close by. Shrek was playing, and it sounded like a train wreck.

I wish they had stayed with the original plan for movies under the STARS and not under the SUN as well. I think very few people actually watch an entire movie during the day by the pool and it is very disruptive soundwise.

The movies are mostly older films, say 5-10 years old unless the ship is in port and a RCI ship is docked across the pier. On Grand Princess, the covered areas of Deck 14 near the pizzeria and burger bar don't have much or any view of the screen, but you get all the sound. Those Dolby 5.1 thumps and crashes occasionally startle people who are trying to enjoy a snack or sit in the shade.

MUTS at night sounds better than MUTS during the day. Does anyone know which ships will not have MUTS in the future? Our travel group is into live music near the pool where people can dance. Hope they still offer 4 hours of live music.

MUTS at night sounds better than MUTS during the day. Does anyone know which ships will not have MUTS in the future? Our travel group is into live music near the pool where people can dance. Hope they still offer 4 hours of live music.

Other than the Caribbean, Crown, Emerald, Grand and Sea.. No others so far.

MUTS plays at one pool while the other main pool has a steel drum band on the caribbean princess. We really enjoyed this feature at night and during the day we just went to the ohter pool.:)

I enjoyed MUTS during the day, but I'm not a swimmer. Movies like Finding Nemo and Shrek and 13 Going on 30 were shown. ET was also showing and we got to see Oceans Eleven-which was fairly new. Jurassic Park was also playing. In the Evening, on selected nights, there was a Tina Turner Concert and a Tom Jones Concert. Monday Night Football was also shown. While we missed it, we caught a Sunday night game when forced to say out a couple of extra days because of Hurricane Jeanne.

I didn't sit there all day watching, but many were watching from the pool or around the pool. The screen could also be seen from a deck or two up, complete with chairs and tables. At the pool behind the screen, the movie couldn't be heard. I was over there one time lounging on an upper deck and enjoyed the music playing around the pool. I ended up seeing Shrek (2) in the Explorer's Lounge on the extra sea day. We cruised Sept. 18-25, 2004. Lynne

our group watched Raiders of the Lost Ark during the day. Pretty fun.....only time i stayed out in the sun too long the whole week and got a little red. However, it still doesn't top staying up super late on our last cruise, watching Pirates of the Caribbean and being able to look out our window and see the Caribbean. Neat memory. :-)

i agree it was very very loud near the muts pool, but there is another "main" pool with music and such, as well as I think 2 other smaller pools -- plenty of space for swimming and lounging and not having to be near the noise. We liked the decks above the terrace pool. there is a hot tub and a tiny pool up there as well....usually less busy.

Archived