Which would be best?

loveJake

This will be our first Carnival cruise. I have a guaranteed stateroom, first I have ever booked. Now the stateroom level I have guaranteed is on sale for $49 per person less, would be able to pick our cabin, then the guaranteed I have. Would it be better to switch and booked a cabin or stay with the guaranteed stateroom? I think it is a slow time, 12/3 on the Glory because all cats are still available and Carnival is having a lot of sales. What is everyones experience on guaranteed cabins? I know I am hoping for an upgrade by booking the guaranteed, but the $100 would also buy a couple of drinks, decisions are not my strong point. Thanks, and also will I enjoy this ship Glory?

I want to make sure i am correct before i give you the wrong information. Did you book at a guarantee rate and did the guarantee rate go down? ... if yes and yes and if you booked straight through carnival you can call them and tell them the price went down and they will give you a shipboard credit of the difference or credit your card back. i did this on the last cruise up until the day before the sailing they will give you a credit for the difference, one good thing about booking through carnival.

I'm sorry if I was confusing. The rate I booked for a guaranteed cabin did not go down. When I booked you could book quaranteed for an inside cabin, that price has remained the same IS @$499 and a free shore excursion. However the next highest cabin 4A is now less @$449, no free shore excursion. My question was does anyone have an opinion if it would be better to stay with the IS guaranteed or change to the 4A for a guaranteed cabin choice. I know both these cabins are bottom of the barrel, but this year we will be cruising 3 times and the only way possible is by cheap rooms, and this is our choice. Once you step out of your room everything else is the same and we would rather cruise more often. Just got back in May from Bermuda, cruising again in August and this cruise is for December. Thanks again.

This will be our first Carnival cruise. I have a guaranteed stateroom, first I have ever booked. Now the stateroom level I have guaranteed is on sale for $49 per person less, would be able to pick our cabin, then the guaranteed I have. Would it be better to switch and booked a cabin or stay with the guaranteed stateroom? I think it is a slow time, 12/3 on the Glory because all cats are still available and Carnival is having a lot of sales. What is everyones experience on guaranteed cabins? I know I am hoping for an upgrade by booking the guaranteed, but the $100 would also buy a couple of drinks, decisions are not my strong point. Thanks, and also will I enjoy this ship Glory?

I personally would prefer picking out my own cabin for peace of mind. OUr first cruise was a GTY balcony and it ended up being a GREAT location but I have read too many horror stories of obstructed views, noise etc. I am also sailing Dec 3 of this year, except we leave in the Triumph. Guarantee here is also $100 cheaper than picking your own cabin......I first had booked an aft balcony (balcony is larger but price is the same as regular balcony)....after more research I went for the corner aft to try just once.

Picking your own cabin allows you to put yourself where you want to be..whether near stairs/elevators, Lido deck...etc,,,

I am sure you will enjoy your cruise......

I'd keep what you have. The value of your free shore excursion is likely more than the $50 difference to go with a 4A. If you pick your stateroom, there is little chance that you'll enjoy an upgrade. I'd take the free excursion and stick with the guarantee, hoping you actually get a 4B or 4C.

But worse case scenario, you're on the ship enjoying a great cruise!

Archived