Alaska Explorer 9/21/13 on Westerdam

:)

I'm going on HAL for the 1st time on a 7 day Explorer cruise from/to Seattle.

Anyone else going on this cruise solo? I've been to Alaska on an Inside Passage cruise on Royal Caribbean in 2001, with friends. This time after everyone said let's go, it turned out to be just me who meant it. The route is different on this trip, and we went in early Sept the 1st time.

Would love to hear from anyone going either on this cruise or going on same solo.

Heard from someone at brunch last week, that they were so intimidated, they had all their meals in their stateroom. Ugh, I'd rather eat shoe leather:eek:

I'm going from LAX to/from Seattle, transfer to ship from Seatac.

Maybe some of us can meet and and have our own posse:D

If you've been on "Westerdam" B4, let me know what to expect, my cuz has taken HAL on 3 cruises in 3 yrs and loves the line.

Hope to hear from someone...I don't get sea sick, I was in the Navy ;)

Judi

The Westerdam is a lovely ship. We have quite a few sailing days on her.

Roll Calls is where you can find others on your cruise. Unfortunately I could not find one for your cruise date. I would suggest you start a thread for your cruise -- give the date of it here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=323&order=desc

JMO -- you might think about getting fixed (traditional) seating for dinner. You will be seated at the same table each evening and will have table mates. There is no guarantee that you will be seated with others or along in the Open Seating. If you are interested in Fixed Seating -- ask for it now. It may be too late once you are on the ship. Fixed dining times are 5:45 and 8 PM.

Archived