Middle Aged Drama Queen Goes BIG: Solo & Last Minute on the ALLURE!!!

KansCocoa

I have no idea how to copy and paste a blog in here but Sherri, our Drama Queen has a great one going and you can read all of her NY/NJ escapades and there are quite a few!

At one point I got her blog which was in her signature. Not sure it's there anymore. If not, someone please give me instructions how to post the link in here, if possible.

Sherri, you do great work and are an excellent role model to others, especially your very own Kling-ons!

Here you go: http://sherrirodell.blogspot.com/

Finished your review, love your writing. I will check out your blog. I have a couple more weeks before I step foot on a cruise ship and your review helped me make it through the last month.

I live in Olathe, so it was fun reading a review from a neighbor.

Enjoy your weekend.

Janet

Finished your review, love your writing. I will check out your blog. I have a couple more weeks before I step foot on a cruise ship and your review helped me make it through the last month.

Janet

But Sherri hasn't finished yet :) - she's out in NY/NJ helping with the ARC - there's still soooo much more to come and we are waiting (not so :o) patiently until she comes back after doing such valuable work :D

Edited by Wriggler

…and now…for the top-secret area on Deck 11 (and actually, on Deck 12, too).

At the very, very back of the ship…on both decks 11 and 12…there are PUBLIC-access balconies:

AnnotatedDeck11_zps3a6c99ba.jpg

Hey look - I figured out how to annotate!!!

A lot of cruisers don’t know about these, because the balconies below these are all attached to a super-swanky cabin…and are private. Cruisers down below in the Boardwalk or Aqua Theater area will look up, and assume that the balconies ALL the way up must be private…but that’s not true.

These balconies can be found on either side…port and starboard. All you need to do is walk down the hallways – until the very end – and you’ll find a glass door that will take you out to the balconies.

They’re huge:

Deck114_zpsabb59037.jpg

Say hi to Amy...as she scurries back for more champagne for our Sailaway party....

They’re private:

Deck113_zps08cb81bf.jpg

And they provide a GREAT view of not only the Aqua Theater (perfect for the OceanAria show or the Dreamworks shows), but also a great view of the ocean…It was also PERFECT for a private sailaway party - especially the port side - as it gave us a great view of Ft. Lauderdale as we were leaving....

Deck115_zpsc0166b0f.jpg

This is ESPECIALLY nice for the poor souls like me who have an inside cabin – with no balcony whatsoever.

Deck112_zps7851d8e3.jpg

I would head to this balcony numerous times with my Diet Coke and my Kindle…where I’d stretch out on the lounger and read, watch the wake, or watch people run back to the ship at the various ports. Who needs to pay for a balcony when you have these at your disposal??!!! ;)

If you're looking to escape the crowds and the noise on the Allure, one of these FOUR balconies is your perfect choice…but shhhhhhh…..keep it a secret. The more people that know – the more people that will utilize them – and they won’t be so quiet!

This was most DEFINITELY one of my Top 10 Places to Visit on the Allure - it may even be #1!!!!

So, glad you posted this, wish we'd know about it when we were on the Oasis, but at least now we know for future cruises.

Are these decks available on FOS?

If you are referring to the aft public balcony areas overlooking the Aquatheater, the answer is no. Freedom does not have anything like that. Freedom does have an outside promenade deck on deck 4 that extends to the aft of the ship, but it just overlooks the wake.

But Sherri hasn't finished yet :) - she's out in NY/NJ helping with the ARC - there's still soooo much more to come and we are waiting (not so :o) patiently until she comes back after doing such valuable work :D

OOPS...you got me :D I guess I should of wrote, "finished all I could read until you write more" LOL.

Sherri should hurry up and write more, we want more!!!;)

June would be better for us, actually...I'll be watching, too, but let me know when you see something.

There - the word is out...we're sailing to Alaska in 2014! Who else wants to join us?! It will be fun, for sure!!!

OK, this is a little off topic but...

I was actually trying to decide between Alaska and Allure when I started reading Sherri's review. She's sold me on Allure, but I still want to do Alaska.

Isn't it amazing that it's possible to read someone's posts online and feel like you already know them? I've always thought it would be fun to cruise with a big group. I'd love to go with people I've "met" on CC.

Do you only sail on RCI? I looked into Cruise Tours and really liked what Princess had to offer the best. Any thoughts?

Cindy

I was actually trying to decide between Alaska and Allure when I started reading Sherri's review. She's sold me on Allure, but I still want to do Alaska.

Isn't it amazing that it's possible to read someone's posts online and feel like you already know them? I've always thought it would be fun to cruise with a big group. I'd love to go with people I've "met" on CC.

Do you only sail on RCI? I looked into Cruise Tours and really liked what Princess had to offer the best. Any thoughts?

Cindy

Cindy,

We're doing Alaska this summer on HAL (and maybe again next summer if our Serenade group has a reunion!)

We liked HAL's itinerary and prices the best, and wanted to do Alaska on a smaller ship. Both HAL and Princess have a longstanding presence in Alaska and typically offer the best itineraries.

So we are going from the Allure with 6,300 of our closest friends to the Amsterdam with 1,300. Talk about variety!

Amy

Cindy

Cindy,

We did Alaska on Princess, after reading about their Alaska itineraries and liked the fact that they had naturalists on board during our sailings through the glaciers. We did a 4-day land tour before the cruise (we needed to relax after the busy land tour).

I would definitely suggest a southbound tour from Alaska to either Vancouver or Seattle. That way you'll get to cruise around some of the glaciers instead of a round-trip in the inner passage. Just beautiful!

3TheShop_zpsb8fb89d8.jpg

Here’s your ship model…including the price...this thing was HUGE!!!

Did they have something like this on Freedom? I'm just curious to know before we go on our cruise in August.

Thanks. :)

BTW, love the review! I have read all of your reviews and I think they are great!

Did they have something like this on Freedom? I'm just curious to know before we go on our cruise in August.

Thanks. :)

BTW, love the review! I have read all of your reviews and I think they are great!

I think I remember seeing one our Freedom cruise last month.

Edited by MomtoCCC

Hello, everyone!

Well...I'm on the home stretch of my deployment to NY/NJ for Hurricane Sandy!

I was originally supposed to come home on Feb. 26th - but my boss kindly asked me to extend my deployment, and so I did...in the meantime, I ran into weather issues, as well as health issues, that prevented me from coming home when I wanted to.

The good news is - I'll be traveling - by train, no less - to sunny Florida tomorrow for some rest & recuperation with my family...woot! I can't fly, due to a nasty sinus infection that has decided to take up residence in my ears; they're plugged on the ground, and heaven knows what air-cabin pressure changes would do to them on a plane! So...once I hit Florida - and spend some time catching up with my long-lost Hubby and kids, whom I haven't seen in a month, I'll be back to writing....yay!

Thanks for all of your patience...it's been a long deployment, but we got a LOT done here in New York. My job was to inventory the warehouse every day, and the warehouse will be shut down this weekend - as everything is pretty much gone & distributed to the folks of NYC.

Off to my last day of work - and then tomorrow - Amtrak! (I've never ridden the train - I wonder what kind of adventures I'll have?!)

Hello, everyone!

Well...I'm on the home stretch of my deployment to NY/NJ for Hurricane Sandy!

YAY!!!! Welcome (almost!) back :D

We've been waiting none too patiently while you've been busy doing your fabulous work. Good to know we can look forward to some more of this review once you've re-connected with all of your family.

Sorry to hear you're not able to fly but, as you say, there could be an adventure in your train journey down!! :D