Back from Serenade Suez Canal Cruise?

Welcome back from the Serenade of the Seas Suez Canal cruise!

Hopefully, you had a wonderful time and can now share some information for our upcoming cruise. We are on the Serenade cruise from Dubai to Barcelona and have lots of questions:

How was security in Egypt? Did you have added security onboard when cruising the Gulf of Suez?

Could you please tell us, when the aerial shows were performed and which evenings were formal / smart?

Thank you very much for your insight!

Biba

My parents have recently returned from this cruise.

The only info I can help you with is the added security they had for a couple of days as a precautionary measure.

A team of 5 ex-marines (weapons & all) boarded the ship and set up shop at the back of deck 4(?) on rotation. The bridge took care of look out at the front of the ship. According to one of the marines the cruise line paid $50,000 to have the 5 of them & their equipment onboard.

Naturally, everything passed off without incident.

Hi , we were on the Serenade Suez cruise.

There were 3 ariel 'shows'.

First one was called 'Captain's toast' and happened the evening of the welcome aboard reception in the Centrum once only .

The second was called 'Aquatronic' , the best one in my opinion, full of energy .

The third one was 'Jack and his beans'. The second two were advertised in the Compass and performed twice each evening.

We watched from deck 7/8.

Captain Anders made several announcements re the security onboard for the Gulf of Aiden passage. He encouraged guests to ask questions of the marines onboard.

One evening I had a lengthy conversation with 3 of them, it was a nice change for them to be on a cruise ship as they work on all types of vessels transiting the Gulf.

They boarded in Safaga and stayed onboard 'til Dubai, very friendly guys , easy to chat with.

Archived