Just off the Glory yesterday!!

bamboozel

What a beautiful ship the Glory!!! We did the seven days to Eastern Caribbean out of Miami! Super time! It was great that we purchased the Faster to Fun pass for $49. We were on the boat by 11:20. No hassle or lines. It also gives you immediate service at guest services and debarkment. Well worth the money.

Everything on the ship was wonderful! Our room steward was great! Always greeting us by name everyday! Our dining experience was awesome. Waiters were outstanding, food was good and service was good. No complaints here.

The were no lines for the buffet or any other food venue. You never went hungry. We had cabin 8434 aft. Super cabin. No noise from above.

Comedy shows were really good. We saw most of them. Several theater shows were cancelled due to some rocking on the ship but no big deal. We saw several shows which were also good.

We visited the ports of Nassau ( not my favorite), St. Thomas ( love the island), San Juan ( liked it a lot ), and Grand Turk ( in heaven). In Nassua, we just walked around and then headed to the ship early. In St. Thomas, we did the Godfrey tour...two hours shopping, two hours sightseeing, and two hours at Megan's Bay. All for $30. Godfrey is so knowledgable about the island. Mountain top was super with the famous Banana drinks. Loved Megan's Bay ( our second time there). The Bushwacker drinks are superb!!! Try the pizza there also...it is so good. In San Juan, we walked to the fort and then walked around to all the shops. Loved San Juan. ( to my surprise). Grand Turk......all I can say is welcome to paradise. Plenty of lounge chairs to lay out on. Also, went to Jack's shack. Drinks are a little cheaper here. We saw the dog...Tropher ( I think that's his name) digging deep in the sand. Very funny. Not much else there. Drinks were expensive as was the food in Margaritaville but the beach was so beautiful.

This was our second cruise. Loved the Glory....Our first cruise was the Dream, and we loved that also. I would say I loved the Dream a bit more, however I would travel on the Glory again. The staff was sooooo friendly. A great trip.

Archived