Private Tour guides at pier

flames18

Are there private tours available at the Pier in San Juan? I have looked into a couple of tours companies recommended on this board and everyone is booked on our date. We will be in port from 11 am to 7 pm, looking for a guided tour of the old city and forts. I know we can probably do it ourselves but first time in San Juan and we were hoping for a guide.

Are there private tours available at the Pier in San Juan? I have looked into a couple of tours companies recommended on this board and everyone is booked on our date. We will be in port from 11 am to 7 pm, looking for a guided tour of the old city and forts. I know we can probably do it ourselves but first time in San Juan and we were hoping for a guide.

Check out Legends of Puerto Rico. They're a great private tour operator and may be able to accomodate you. Just google their name.

There are guides to Old San Juan walking tours such as Frommer's. There is a free trolley right where the ship docks that can take you around and give you a guide.

There are two main forts-I suggest you go to San Cristobal first, then walk to El Morro, and then work your way down the hill.

It is a beautiful old city and safe to walk.

In addition to the sights, we also enjoy the treats from the pushcarts. Coconut ice cream (helado de coco) is fantastic and the shaved ice cones (piraguas) are great. My favorite flavor is frambuesa (strawberry).

Don't forget your sunscreen.

Happy Sails to You

OOOEEE :D:D Bob and Phyl

PS, if you have a national parks senior pass, you can use it at the forts.

sail7seas' date=' Do you need to be off the ship first thing to get these tours or is it possible to still get tours at 9:30 or so?[/quote']

You don't need to rush off the ship. There will be guides/taxi drivers there as long as the ship is in port. Sure, there are more when the ship first starts letting guests go ashore but they take one group to do whatever and when they return, they are ready to take someone else wherever they want to go/whatever tour they want to hire them for.

Archived