November Weather - Caribbean

juljas

We have booked the Eastern Caribbean cruise departing 17th Nov from Port Canveral. I've since realised that this is storm season?? Being from Aussie we never considered this - if anyone has travelled around this time, to the same destinations, what has the weather normally been like? Or is the weather mostly fine and nothing to worry about?

Officially the end of hurricane season is the end of November but I have lived in a hurricane belt most of my pretty long life and I don't ever remember a hurricane in November. If you were looking at August and September it might be a factor. Hurricane season starts June 1. November and December are great months to go to the Caribbean. :)

Officially the end of hurricane season is the end of November but I have lived in a hurricane belt most of my pretty long life and I don't ever remember a hurricane in November. If you were looking at August and September it might be a factor. Hurricane season starts June 1. November and December are great months to go to the Caribbean. :)

Thankyou SPacificbound. I was figuring that as there wasn't much mention of hurricanes when I was looking at weather sites for the Caribbean in November, but then I read something on CC yesterday that said cruises in Nov are cheaper due to hurricane season in the Caribbean and I nearly died :eek:

Actually the prices start to drop in September when the summer travel season is over and schools are back in session. The rates will drift on down until the week of Thanksgiving, watch your wallet over Thanksgiving;)! The period between Thanksgiving and Christmas (December is out of the official hurricane season) is when you can find some of the cheapest fares..... really has more to do with it being a time when less people travel than to do with hurricanes.

Archived