May 8th Breakaway ?

KevinsCruising

The Rockettes are the "Godmothers. The christening of the ship will take place onboard. 2 Rockettes will be on every sailing for the first 6 sailings, and then the first sailing of each month thereafter.

This is all booked up. I have never been to a ship namimg/christening. I bet you are in for an unbelievable treat. Please report back to us when it's over and take lots of pictures!:D

The inaugural sailing is in April from England. Are you talking about the first U.S. cruise on the new ship? I thought they were doing a two day sort of welcome to the U.S. cruise out of New York in May?

That would be maiden voyages from Rotterdam and Southampton.

The true inaugural will be the 2 night from NYC after the christening for invited guest.

May 12 will be the maiden/inaugural cruise to Bermuda.

A ship's maiden voyage is considered to be her first voyage after receipt from the shipyard...for Breakaway, this would be the Rotterdam sailing.

A ship's inaugural voyage is the first voyage with paying passengers after the christening/naming. For Breakaway, this will be the May 12th voyage to Bermuda.

The other voyages might be "firsts", but they had no traditional significant meaning.

A ship's maiden voyage is considered to be her first voyage after receipt from the shipyard...for Breakaway, this would be the Rotterdam sailing.

A ship's inaugural voyage is the first voyage with paying passengers after the christening/naming. For Breakaway, this will be the May 12th voyage to Bermuda.

The other voyages might be "firsts", but they had no traditional significant meaning.

On my invitiation the Christening will be happening on the 2 nighter on May 8th. There is another 2 nighter on May 10th then it will start its 7 day Bermuda cruise. I will post pictures and let everyone know how the Breakaway compares to the rest of the fleet.

:D

On my invitiation the Christening will be happening on the 2 nighter on May 8th. There is another 2 nighter on May 10th then it will start its 7 day Bermuda cruise. I will post pictures and let everyone know how the Breakaway compares to the rest of the fleet.

:D

We look forward to your photos. They will help supplement the tons of photos of Breakaway that will be posted during/after both the Rotterdam and the Southampton sailings.

Archived