Park n Cruise in Charleston?

hooforce

I'm cruising with my family out of Charleston, SC on 18 Feb 2013 and we will be driving down from Virginia the morning of the cruise - I was wondering if there a place to park outside of the port (a lot or hotel) that has shuttle service to and from the port (i.e. a Park n Cruise)? We would like to have an alternative place to park offsite (don't want to pay $15/day at the port). Is there something like this in Charleston?

We have stayed at the Holiday Inn Riverview a couple of times. It's usually around $130-$150 for one night stay, breakfast in the morning, parking while on cruise, and shuttle to the port the morning of the cruise. The only thing it doesn't cover is transportation back to the hotel to get your car after the cruise.

You should check the east coast departure section on here as I know there are numerous posts about this exact topic over there. Lots of other recommendations too. Holiday inn is the only one I've used so can only speak to that. It's a nice hotel not 5 star by any means but would stay again and no hesitations recommending it.

Thanks for the response, but since we'll be driving in the morning of the cruise, we won't need a hotel room.... I wonder if a hotel might let me park in their lot without staying at their hotel? I think I need to do some calling around. I'm sensing (based off the lack of responses here) that there is not real Park n Cruise in Charleston. Thanks again!

There is no demand for a offsite parking lot for the cruise terminal, as we only have two cruises a week leaving out of here, on the smallest ship in the fleet.

The airport is about 15 minutes from the cruise pier, on your way into town on I-26.

I know they have long term parking, but doubt you'll save much if at all.

A bunch of hotels on either side of the pennisula offer free parking with a stay, but I don't know of any hotel that offers free parking in their lot, without a stay. ( I know Port Canveral does this, but they have 3 Carnival ships with 5 or 6 departures a week, plus multiple Disney and RCCL departures every week. So there is a demand for parking there)

I can guarantee you no downtown hotel will let you park for 5 days for free, when they won't let people who stay overnite do it. (downtown space is ridiculous.)

Bill

Thanks for the response, Bguppies. I'm not looking to park for free, but also not looking to pay $15/day at the port either. Looking for something at about the $7-$8 range offsite. Thought maybe the hotels in the area would let me do it for that. I just need to get on the horn and find out. I didn't know whether anyone else on this forum knew that they did this or not before I started calling everyone in town. Heck, I'd even park in someone's driveway and pay them if they would drive me and my family to and from the port! :)

Archived