What Time Should I Arrive to the Ship?

ChipPatti

Our cruise is set to depart at 4:00 next Monday (Carnival Celebration)...I believe my brouchure said we could start boarding at 1:30...What time should I arrive

Well I would say 12:00 P.M. but I like being one of the first ones there and get through the lines quickly, get to my room and have a drink. ;)

We like to arrive about 11 am, as we usually drive to the port. By the time the luggage is dropped off and the car parked, a half hour to fortyfive minutes have passed. The check in is also quick and then we find a comfortable chair and wait to go aboard. We have always been in the first group to board. In fact, we were the first one's once.

For our first cruise we were so excited. We drove from Orlando to Port Canaveral and drove by the pier about 11:00 just to see the ship. Since the documents stated boarding would start at 1:00 we decided to go get something to eat - cruise virgins. So we head off and spent 2 hours driving around only to arrive at port and wait in line for over 2 hours because those in the know starting getting on the ship around 11:30. If only we had known - we would have been one of the first ones on. Another surprise was getting on and having food everywhere and not being hungry because we just ate in town.

We did this last Monday... we got there at 10:45 and they did not start board until 12... BUT you want to get there early, the people that got there at 11:30 did NOT get on board until after 1pm... we had eaten lunch and were taking a nap by then. They cue you up in all these sitting areas and then take pics of everyone as you board so it takes forever to actually get on the ship once they start boarding at 12... we were in the first group and eatting lunch by 12:15! Have fun! The other option is to get there later and hope the lines have all gone through.

Our cruise is set to depart at 4:00 next Monday (Carnival Celebration)...I believe my brouchure said we could start boarding at 1:30...What time should I arrive

Ours was same boarding time - but for Elation - we got to the dock at @12:45 and they were already boarding passengers! Went through metal detector, got sail and sign card, had picture taken and on board really quickly! Thanks to another poster for encouraging me to be early!!;)

Archived