Bringing wine on board

I know we're now allowed to bring two bottles of wine per stateroom on board. We are leaving out of San Juan. I was just planning on bringing the wine from home in my checked bags. My husband wondered if we should buy it in San Juan so we don't risk any breakage in our bags. Has anyone ever done that? We are flying in the same day as the cruise so we'd have to buy it in the airport. Anyone know the prices of wine at the San Juan airport? Also, is there a size limit on the bottles?

I know we're now allowed to bring two bottles of wine per stateroom on board. We are leaving out of San Juan. I was just planning on bringing the wine from home in my checked bags. My husband wondered if we should buy it in San Juan so we don't risk any breakage in our bags. Has anyone ever done that? We are flying in the same day as the cruise so we'd have to buy it in the airport. Anyone know the prices of wine at the San Juan airport? Also, is there a size limit on the bottles?

The size limit on the bottles is 750ml each. There is a duty free shop at the San Juan cruise terminal, though I don't know anything about their prices.

There is a store right in terminal at port. They have everything. I am not sure about the prices though..

We cruised in Europe 2 years ago and we brought back a fair amount of wine and specialty liquors. We made sure the bottles were in the middle of our checked bags and wrapped in clothing. Nothing broke on us if you wanted to just fly down with 2 bottles.

We brought 2 bottles from home on our Dec 1st Navigator cruise. I put each bottle inside a large zip lock bag, then another zip lock bag with the zip on the opposite end of the bottle than the first one. I then wrapped each bottle separately in large bubble, bubble wrap and placed 1 bottle in the middle of each of our suitcases cushioned by the clothes. No problems at all. :)

We brought 2 bottles from home on our Dec 1st Navigator cruise. I put each bottle inside a large zip lock bag, then another zip lock bag with the zip on the opposite end of the bottle than the first one. I then wrapped each bottle separately in large bubble, bubble wrap and placed 1 bottle in the middle of each of our suitcases cushioned by the clothes. No problems at all. :)

If you don't want to do all that, google "wine diapers". Work like a charm.

Also, if you actually care about what kind of wine you are bringing on, there is nothing at the airport and the store in the terminal is limited. So if you have any particular preference, bring your own in your checked baggage, packed well as stated above. and you don;t have to take it out to carry on, you will not get called to naughty room for wine bottles in checked luggage. At least in San Juan.

bobj

Archived