Do the room stewards....???

ciera123

I've seen numerous pictures of rooms that have the extra (2nd, 3rd person) beds made up all the time. If we want the couch to be a couch during the day, will the room steward do this. On all our other cruises (not Carnival) the beds were ALL made up in the morning. Just wondering, as we really want to use the couch during the day instead of sitting on the bed.

on all the CCL trips I've been on, the convertible sofa is made back into a couch and the bunks are folded back into the wall during the day - after morning makeup. When they come in for 2nd service at dinner, they turn down the beds and flip the room for sleeping.

I've seen numerous pictures of rooms that have the extra (2nd, 3rd person) beds made up all the time. If we want the couch to be a couch during the day, will the room steward do this. On all our other cruises (not Carnival) the beds were ALL made up in the morning. Just wondering, as we really want to use the couch during the day instead of sitting on the bed.

I think they usually do make them couches... when we travel, we like to keep it as a bed, and the bunk open so the kids aren't all over our beds. but they'll make it a couch without a problem too if you want.

Ok, I really wasn't expecting the responses here. OP, I say that there is 99.9% chance that they will leave the sofa as a bed and leave the upper bunks down during the day, unless you ask them to do otherwise. They have never, in my experience, turned the sofa back into a sofa by day. They have never, in my experience, put the upper bunks back into the ceiling during the day. The responses here so far are the extreme exceptions. We actually like to have the sofa and uppers remain beds the entire time, so we don't ask them to do different. But if you want them to change it, they will, but you will almost certainly have to request it. I have never seen a sofa as a sofa. It's been a bed 100% of the time on all my cruises, without any requests for them to do so.

Ok, I really wasn't expecting the responses here. OP, I say that there is 99.9% chance that they will leave the sofa as a bed and leave the upper bunks down during the day, unless you ask them to do otherwise. They have never, in my experience, turned the sofa back into a sofa by day. They have never, in my experience, put the upper bunks back into the ceiling during the day. The responses here so far are the extreme exceptions. We actually like to have the sofa and uppers remain beds the entire time, so we don't ask them to do different. But if you want them to change it, they will, but you will almost certainly have to request it. I have never seen a sofa as a sofa. It's been a bed 100% of the time on all my cruises, without any requests for them to do so.

On all of the cruises that I have been on, they put the bunk up and put the couch back in "couch mode" during the day. While my girls and I were at supper, they would make them back into beds...complete with turndown and a chocolate on the pillow. I never had to ask. If the girls wanted to take a nap during the day, I just let them use my bed.

Well, as long as I can request it if they don't do it automatically, I'm good. I'm not one to ask anything extra from our room stewards, but we upgraded from an inside when I saw a picture of one and noticed very little room to sit down. :)

99.9% really? Not sure but in my experience and it sounds like others also have had the same experience. They do turn them into sofas during the day. Your input is fine, but please do not throw around statistics that mean nothing.

Well, as long as I can request it if they don't do it automatically, I'm good. I'm not one to ask anything extra from our room stewards, but we upgraded from an inside when I saw a picture of one and noticed very little room to sit down. :)

Yes, the insides are quite a bit smaller than the oceanview or balcony rooms. The insides have almost nowhere to sit down, and there are no sofas in them. When you meet the room steward on the first day, just let them know what your preference is. I ruffled some feathers earlier by throwing out an obvious exaggeration, that I knew nobody would or should take as a scientifically researched fact.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: I only did that to make a point. The point is that most of the people on this thread are the exceptions. I have never heard of anyone, talking to in person or reading on any other thread, who had their sofas turned into a sofa by day without having to request it.

The reason why the default for the stewards is to leave the sofas and uppers as beds during the day is because that's what most people want. If the 3rd/4th people want to nap during the day, they have nowhere to do so otherwise. Plus, in the insides with no sofa, if the upper bunks are put away, that person has nowhere to even sit during the day. Many people don't want to be sharing the regular beds during the day for those purposes. They have gotten so used to the requests to leave them as beds, that it has become the standard in recent years. But obviously, not every steward does that. Some still do it the old way.

When we sail with uppers the beds are usually folded back to the walls (Fantasy Class).

The one time we had a sofa it was kept as a bed for the duration.

Let your room steward know your preference.

who are all of these people napping while on a ship? :eek:

our steward replaced the bunk in the ceiling every morning for us. we didn't even ask, he just did it.

we will have our first cabin of 4 in a few weeks. we'll find out then what will happen.

either way, i'll request the sofa be made a sofa during the daytime.

June 2012 cruise the couches we kept beds during the day (we could have asked to have it turned back to a couch but didn't). The cruise before that on Carnival the beds were pulled down and not put back up the entire time we cruised (we didn't use the couches for beds that trip so I don't know what they would have done).

Archived