Carry-Ons

crazyboys

We have eleven in our group (5 of which are small boys) on Magic 3/10/2013, Eastern Caribbean. We plan on carrying on our normal carry-on rolling suitcases with our sodas, mixers, water, etc. I also plan, as others in our group, to have a back pack or shoulder bag with our wine, etc. Is there a limit to how many carry-on pieces we can take on board during check-in? We are doing the FTTF so we plan on dropping everything off in the cabin shortly after check in. Thanks.

There are no limits to the amount of carry on pieces you can bring on board. If I were you, I'd set each child up with a small backpack of their own. It may lighten the load on the adults and it might be nice to have each child have a place for "their" stuff.

Happy Cruising!!!

I was told that you can't bring any alcoholic beverages onboard.

The OP didn't say anything about alcohol. However, you are partially correct. You can bring one bottle of wine or champagne, you're just not allowed to bring on beer or hard liquor.

There are no limits to the amount of carry on pieces you can bring on board. If I were you, I'd set each child up with a small backpack of their own. It may lighten the load on the adults and it might be nice to have each child have a place for "their" stuff.

Happy Cruising!!!

Brilliant drumbeatfive! The boys will be excited as well to be able to roll a bag onboard ship. Thanks for the tip!

You can bring one bottle of wine or champagne, you're just not allowed to bring on beer or hard liquor.

Okie Dokie .... I knew they would confiscate beer or liquor ... didn't know you could bring a bottle of wine.

We have eleven in our group (5 of which are small boys) on Magic 3/10/2013, Eastern Caribbean. We plan on carrying on our normal carry-on rolling suitcases with our sodas, mixers, water, etc. I also plan, as others in our group, to have a back pack or shoulder bag with our wine, etc. Is there a limit to how many carry-on pieces we can take on board during check-in? We are doing the FTTF so we plan on dropping everything off in the cabin shortly after check in. Thanks.

You can bring as much as you want, but each piece has to fit through the security scanner. Anything you could carry on a plane will fit.

Okie Dokie .... I knew they would confiscate beer or liquor ... didn't know you could bring a bottle of wine.

There is also an occasionally enforced rule regarding soda's and other non-alcoholic beverages. The current policy is 12 non-alcoholic beverages, 20oz or less per passenger.

Galveston is my homeport and they can be particularly strict at the pier. They are very strict about cooler dimensions the limit is 12" x 12" x 12"

There is also an occasionally enforced rule regarding soda's and other non-alcoholic beverages. The current policy is 12 non-alcoholic beverages, 20oz or less per passenger.

Galveston is my homeport and they can be particularly strict at the pier. They are very strict about cooler dimensions the limit is 12" x 12" x 12"

I know that some people wish the rules weren't so strict. But it's probably for the best. Otherwise, during Spring Break, you'd see lots of Frat boys having keg parties on the Lido deck.:eek::rolleyes::D

Thanks okgirl, we had heard about the strict enforcement on the coolers, so we are not going to carry on any coolers. We do have a collapsable cooler or two that will be in our checked bags to use in the cabins though. As far as the non-alcoholic drinks, they wil be the regular cans of soda and bottled water that are the 12oz. size. Fortunately these little 5 little boys will be able to contibute to the number of non-alcoholic drinks we can bring on board.YAY!:)

Sorry to hear that. I usally cruise out of FL but will be going out of Galveston in April. I usually carry on 2 12 packs of soda and a 12 pk of water plus our two bottles of wine for the two of us.

This time we will be 5 of us so we will figure out how to divide up what we need somehow. Fortunatly the one I bring the soda for is not coming this trip so I can bring on water regardless.

Archived